Dress alterations london - please help!

Hi,

I need to find an extremely talented seamstress in london to alter my dress, but i'm worried about who to go to since the dress is so expensive and I don't want it to be spoiled. If anyone can recommend a great bridal alterations place or person I would be so grateful. Thanks!

• emsyjemsyj Posts: 3,807
    If you contact Blackburn Bridal Couture in Blackheath they will give out details of the seamstress they use and you can buy alterations there without buying your dress there - at least, that was the case when I bought my dress back in 2009. They sell very high-end dresses and have a fantastic reputation so I would say your dress would be in safe hands there. You would need to check with them that they still offer alterations without a dress purchase but can't see any reason why they would have stopped doing it.
  • Hi!my dress was altered by fab dressmaker who is in east London.I was getting married in the early summer and was warried who would make my dresss to fit just perfect.So my friend recommended Luda,who was altering her and her 2 bridesmades's dresses 2 years ago.Luda is with really GREAT experience in working with designer wedding dresses, and as for me she can deal with any kind of diffiulties.Also she mostly works with pure silk dresses, so she knows how to treat them properly))anyway you can find information from her website or call her on 07905160591.Good luck!!

http://www.bridaldressalterations.com
  • Hi!my dress was altered by fab dressmaker who is in east London.I was getting married in the early summer and was warried who would make my dresss to fit just perfect.My friend recommended Luda,who was altering her and her 2 bridesmades's dresses 2 years ago..She is with really GREAT experience in working with designer wedding dresses, and as for me she can deal with any kind of diffiulties.Also she mostly works with pure silk dresses, so she knows how to treat them properly))anyway you can find information from her website or call her on 07905160591.Good luck!!

http://www.bridaldressalterations.com