Alice Temperley / Jenny Packham - any other similar designers??

Hello! First post here...I got engaged three weeks ago...and have pretty much nearly everything planned and in place for May next year!

Trouble is the dress...I have only seen a few I like - my favourite being the Long Jean by Alice Temperley but I also like Damask and Willow by Jenny Packham.

All three have something a bit different about them...but obviously then come at a price image

Does anyone have any suggestions for other designers / dresses that have straps and some detailed embellishment a la those three? I am a bit worried as my budget isn't £2500 which is what the Long Jean would be and also that I'm 5'3 so would probably be swamped in all of them not to mention it's only 6 months away!

Any helpful ideas gratefully received image

Cheers

• www.theoutnet.com sometimes have Alice Temperley dresses, very ocassionally wedding dresses, so maybe have a look on there if you like them..

Ian Stuart Fiji and Bali are both slimfitting flowy dresses with embellishments. You could look at getting a similar dress made which will almost definately work out cheaper. Or you could try and go to some sample sales for your AT/JP dress. Hope this helps.
  • cloe4cloe4 Posts: 30
    Hi

I looked at some dresses similar to these, there are a few on some second hand websites if you don't mind that it's already been worn!

http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.listadverts/keyword-wedding dress vintage temperley/0fbb00c1.

http://www.sellmyweddingdress.co.uk/database/via_designer.php?designer=Temperley

I don't know what size you are but its worth a look.

Good luck finding the dress image
  • Have you looked at Phase Eight? I think their dresses are quite similar to JP ones. This one in particular

http://www.phase-eight.co.uk/fcp/product/warehouse/Bridalwear/Firenze-Wedding-Dress/201341106

If I wasn't having a winter wedding I'd be tempted! It's beautiful!
  • I've been checking preloved every day!

Thanks for all the suggestions - am going to keep an eye out on all of those - the right one hasn't popped up yet..but fingers crossed it will!

I've now seen another style that I really like...am going to post another thread about it...!!
  • Hi,

We can make any custom dress for any occasion - wedding, debts, bridemaids, cocktail, evening dresses

Cocktail and evening dresses from 150 e

Wedding from 250 e up to 500

You show a picture, we will make it your dress.

DUBLIN area, but can post across Ireland.
  • We can make any custom dress for any occasion - wedding, debts, bridemaids, cocktail, evening dresses

Cocktail and evening dresses from 150 e

Wedding from 250 e up to 500

You show a picture, we will make it your dress.

DUBLIN area, but can post across Ireland.
  • Hi Lynda,

What dress did you go for in the end? I have just tried on Damask and have fallen in love but wondering if the price is too far out of my budget, did you find anywhere other than preloved where I might be able to track down a more affordable dress?

• mouthscradlemouthscradle Posts: 189

Hi MrsP-tobe, what's your budget and what size dress would you need? I'm on the look out for a different JP style for myself but I'll keep an eye out for you too image

• I have actually found "the one", even more perfect for me than Damask, in a sample sale yesterday, it is Beatrice! It has a few flaws but the seamstress at the shop was brilliant and is going to be able to take them out and they have included a professional clean in the price - so so happy!! I have deleted all the photos I took of me in it to force myself to stop looking at it to keep it special for the big day! If you are based anywhere near Worcester have a look at http://www.perfections.ltd.uk/shop/, Beatrice has now gone obviously but maybe one of the others might suit?

• mouthscradlemouthscradle Posts: 189
    Ah brilliant, glad you found one. I found you a Damask as well haha. Unfortunately none of the others are the style I'm looking for, that's one of the websites I've already got bookmarked as a stockist hehe. Did they have any more JP samples for sale that aren't on the site?
  • No, those were the only ones, and the lady said they are going to stop stocking her now as they are too expensive and they were struggling to sell them, just out of interest- where did you find the Damask?