How do you choose a veil?

Hi girls,

I have the day off on Friday so will go and look for a veil.

I don't know how you are meant to choose one in that I see a lot of posts on here saying does my veil match my dress etc....but is the veil fabric meant to be similar to the dress fabric? If you go long should it be longer than the dress train or does it not matter? What do you do with it after the service/ceremony? Wear it all day (altho presumably not for dancing?). Anything else I should know? I've never paid much attention to friends veils at their weddings so am a bit clueless image

This is my dress

It's light and silky and I'll probably have the neckline made into a small sweetheart.

Thanks!

• manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756
    Chosing a veil is as personal as picking your dress - lots of brides dont have them at all and there are so many variations it just depends on what suits you and your style of wedding. To try and answer your questions:

Is the veil fabric meant to be similar to the dress fabric?

The veil colour should probably be the same colour as your dress, but not the same fabric!

If you go long should it be longer than the dress train or does it not matter?

Depends on what sort of veil you're having obviously if you're having a long veil (Chapel or Cathedral length) then in my opinion (and that of my dress shop) your veils should be the same length as your train or longer

What do you do with it after the service/ceremony?

I'll personally be wearing mine for the ceremony, photos and then I'll remove it, but again everyone is different!

ETA - Your dress is lovely image
  • sarahtooeysarahtooey Posts: 148

Thank you Manfaw! All very useful information image