Forum home Wedding fashion

Need Advice, Dress With Or Without???

Hello, what do you all think? Is the skirt better with or without the beading?

• MrsPar13MrsPar13 Posts: 821

I prefer it without but it's a lovely dress either way

• jendoojendoo Posts: 166

I prefer it without, takes away from the detailing on the bodice. But they r both lovely!

• SadSack83SadSack83 Posts: 1,700

I prefer it without too. It makes it look more classic and spohisticated with slightly less sparkle in my opinion.

Which do you prefer?

• heliganedenheliganeden Posts: 1,848

I prefer it with - have you tried it on?

• chelle532chelle532 Posts: 173

Yes I've started paying for it. I LOVE  it on!! I prefer it without also, to me is looks cleaner and more simplistic. My bouquet is very detailed so want the skirt very plain. 

The dress comes with the beads but they will be very easily removed. Thank you everyone xx

• TitianetteTitianette Posts: 88

Without.  I don't think you need to detract from the detail on the bodice.

Excellent, great to have so many confirm my thoughts. I just needed to check, I was a bit reluctant to make changes, I mean the designers obviously thought the dress needed the extra beading.

Glad so many of you agree that it doesn't xx

• tezzie1987tezzie1987 Posts: 70

I also think its better without , Lovley dress bythe way image

Thank you, the shimmer on the skirt comes from the under layer of tulle, it's called sparkle tulle and is 100% covered in tiny white sequins!! I love it so much, the way it looks when I move is so beautiful. image

That's another reason why I don't think it needs the beads on the top layer.

I was actually going to say about that , thought it had a shimmer , i see a few ronald joyce dresses and a disney one with this shimmer effect ! its Gorgus! So subtle but affective , i would defo say with the shimmer go without the beads .... i also find sometime the beads can look a bit to regimented if you get what i mean without them its more floaty and romantic princess ish : )

Here is a picture of me wearing the dress, It's about 10inches too long haha.

But here you can see the beads make it look a bit dirty, and I agree they look too regimented, not natural enough. So I photoshoped them out. (excuse the quality of pic, it's from an old camera phone)

defo better without in my opinion and i love that boquet did you make it yourself ? Im comptemplating the idea ....

You have a lovely figure hun dress looks lovely ! What you going for with it i.e veil , accessories

Yes I made the bouquet myself thanks image

I have the necklace on and I'm going to make my own veil, a silk tulle two-tiered fingertip length. I'll wear it on the top of my head for ceremony and move it to under my bun for the reception. I'm also going to Strass my own shoes in the palest rose pink. I can't decide if I'd like my crinoline pale pink also.

Here is my bouquet & jewellery:

• nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253

you look amazing in it!

without for sure image

Omg your bouqet is amazing !!! how long did it take and was it much cheaper doing it yourself ? my friends i making one and strugging so now im not sure if i should attempt one or not !

Thank you, I was hesitant about going for a strapless, my shoulders are so bony and sharp looking I wanted to cover them but nothing felt as right as this sweetheart neckline. I can't wait to try my dress on for the first time, this dress wasn't my size and was way way to long for me haha xx

tezzie1987 it took me 14 weeks to make my bouquet, four bridesmaid bouquets and 15 buttonholes. It cost me £400 in total, that included glue sticks, wire, ribbon, oasis, spary paint and 51 styles of beads and flowers.

It would have cost much much less if I had used less variety of beads (had many left over) and if I had only done the one bouquet. I tried to calculate it out more acurately and it cost roughly £75 per bouquet.

I don't know how your friend is doing hers but mine was very very simple and easy. I can help you / her if you want me to image x

• MrsPar13MrsPar13 Posts: 821

Have you used brooches in your bouquet? it looks gorgeous and looks fab against your dress

Yes I've only used four brooches. One is old and the other three are new just to help it blend in. Thank you, it looks nicer in real life as you can see the colours and idividual flowers image

• nicolajane82nicolajane82 Posts: 531

oh my god your bouquet is beautiful, well done you image

the dress is gorgeous, definately agree and think it looks better without the sparkles