Forum home Wedding fashion

My dress?

I live 400 miles away from my mum, 500 away from my best friend and 200 away from my mother in law so don't have anyone to go dress shopping with!

I have found this dress online and I love it! Has anyone used this company?

http://www.weddingdressonlineshop.co.uk/wedding-dresses-2012/5924-lace-v-neckline-cap-sleeves-rouched-waistline-mermaid-soft-flared-skirt-hot-sell-wedding-dress-wd-1380.html

• heliganedenheliganeden Posts: 1,848

You can go dress shoppping alone image

I haven't heard of the website, but you really need to try on different styles, things look very different on and can be completely different to what you expect - I would suggest making a few appointments and going to try some on

• MrsBeau2BMrsBeau2B Posts: 1,513

Hi - this is one of the sites where the dresses come from China or similar. A few people have recieved lovely dresses from these places but there are also lots of horror stories!

Also, if you have never tried on a wedding dress before then go and try some on, as i ended up liking dresses i never thought i would! Though it would be a massive ballgown type, but have gone for a mermaid style!

Do you have any other friends you could take?

• nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253

i've been trying on dresses by myself, it didnt feel as odd as i thought it would and the girl helping me was really good, there was someone else trying on dresses at the same time who was on their own too so its not the end of the world but you def need to try some

second taking a friend if you want a second opinion but i found going by myself made the person helping had to be a lot more attentive and was very honest as i didnt have anyone else to give advice

• MrsWilsonMrsWilson Posts: 429

Thanks for your replies. This is my second wedding so I've tried on lots of dresses before. I also have a budget of about £0 so need something cheap! Does anyone know any 'proper' designers who make dresses in this style? I love it!