Do you think this is bridesmaidy enough? Country garden/shabby chic theme.

Hey girls,

We are having a country garden/shabby chic wedding with blush,dusky, nude pinks and creams.

I have been searching high and low for the right bridesmaid dresses (i am quite particular when it comes to dresses) and can't find what i want in the right colour.

Anyway i was in House of Fraser today and came across a gorgeous dress,

• CharlDCharlD Posts: 194

It is much more nude pink in real life rather than cream. I thought i could change the cream band round the middle to a nice dusky pink one?

Baring in mind my shabby chic / country garden theme do you think it would be bridesmaidy enough? I know to lots of people it's probably not but i really don't want any satin bridesmaid dresses as it just isn't me.

Anyway girls i would realllllllly appreciate your opinions image xxx

• I think that would look lovely on bridesmaids and is a good fit for your theme! I don't like satin bridesmaid dresses either; I'd much prefer something like this.

Thanks littlelovenotes!

I really like it and think it would look so classy with pastel coloured peonies and roses!

x

• http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/413863_302759933150491_973895429_o.jpg?dl=1

Not sure if the link will work on this new website but my bridesmaids had a similar length dress, this picture of her shoes how a normal high street dress looks 'bridesmaidy' with the flowers and accessories. I like your style, those dresses will look lovely with a pale or dusky pink sash and accessories. What's your dress like? Is it all lace? You don't want their dresses to clash with yours?
  • SP2013SP2013 Posts: 857

I love that dress, it's so pretty and elegant!

• amy-lou-22amy-lou-22 Posts: 1,259

Yes! That dress would look lovely

• ClarkieClarkie Posts: 586

That's a lovely dress. My bridesmaid dresses aren't typical BM dresses either but if they're all wearing the same and with a bouquet they will clearly be the BMs x

• mandy503mandy503 Posts: 2,066

Its gorgeous! I think a lot of people are now moving away from 'bridesmaidy' dresses now anyway and it will really work well with your theme!!!

(One thing I would bear in mind tho - are any of your girls busty? Coz I have a larger chest and a dress with a neckline that high would not look good on me! But It really is a stunning choice!)

Thanks for your comments girls! I've sent it to my bridesmaids and they all like it apart from one who i'm waiting to hear back from.

Mandy thats a good point, i am big busted and i never choose high necklines but i tried the dress on myself and it looked ok. My cousin in the only bridesmaid who's big busted so ill have to see what she thinks when she tries it on.

I'll attach a pic of me in the dress to show you, it's a bit tight but it was only for picture purposes! xxx

Future Mrs Hinton... I've just seen the pic on your link and the bridesmaid dress is gorgeous and so are the flowers!!x

• JodielouJodielou Posts: 4,058

Love it CharlD- think changing the belt is a really good idea too image

Thanks Jodie! My sisters are going to try it on over the weekend, my cousin will too hopefully!! X
  • manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756

Ooh thats really pretty!

• beautiful image xx