Second dress for the evening? (PIC!)

OK, my dream dress has a pretty big A-line skirt - not poufy or anything, but big enough to make dancing a little awkward.

Any excuse to buy a second dress for the evening! (my budget is about £200) I was thinking something like this:

Is this being a bit cheeky or should I do it

? What do you think? (without the veil)

• manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756

Can you really buy a dress like that for £200?!  If you can and you want to have a second dress then why not?

What is your first dress like?

• Jog_On2Jog_On2 Posts: 63

Yep its reduced from £1000! image

Thsi is my first dress:

Personally I dont think the second dress will be any easier to dance in.  I think your first dress is too stunning to even think about changing!

Personally I really wouldn't do it - save the £200 for some amazing shoes or put it towards an upgrade on honeymoon instead.

• Jog_On2Jog_On2 Posts: 63

Thanks hun. The first dress is gorgeous but a bit heavy, I'm not sure if that's due to the material or just my not being used to such big dresses! The second one seems a bit slinkier, but I haven't tried it on so have no idea really.

But I see your point, it would be a shame not to wear my first dress longer and we're on a pretty limited budget anyway so maybe the money would be better spent elsewhere xx

Seriously I really do like your first dress!  I really think it'll be a shame not to wear it all day!  But if its uncomfortable then I guess at least you have an option.

From some brides I have spoken too they say be prepared to ache the next day because your dress is so heavy! So I think everyone is in the same boat!

• mandy503mandy503 Posts: 2,066

That second dress is gorgeous!! (as is your 1st dress!)

If you want to, and can afford to, go for it!

I have the same thing - my dress has a perculia, slight side train, and I dont think I can bustle it for dancing, so I've bought a second dress for dancing - tho I wont decide untill the night if I will change or not (mostly bought the 2nd dress as our ceremony and reception are on different days and dont wanna risk spilling chocolate pudding down it before the majority of our guests see my dress, so will be changing before our dessert course on our actual wedding day!)

• nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253
    That second dress is stunning! where are you getting it from for that price. i too am wondering about a second dress as i think the one Im making Will be heavy and tiring. its that more than anything else id be worried about. id go for it and if you don't end up wearing it on the night Italy a good excuse to go to a really nice restaurant so you can wear it thenimage