have i found the dress?

so, i have finally found a dress that i have fallen in love with, barcelona by maggie sottero, tried in on yesterday, it looked amazing on but is sooo fitted i am a bit unsure how i would be in it on the day and also thought about what i would do when i need the loo as the dress wont pull up past my hips, i think i would actually have to take it off, but it is also a lace back! please help if any one has had any other worries like this?

• MrsBeau2BMrsBeau2B Posts: 1,513

I think its hard to imagine wearing a wedding dress - afterall, its not something you wear everyday! But i bet after a little while you will get used to it.

And as for going to the loo - just make sure someone is on hand to help!

• nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253
    Is it supposed to be quite that tight? it feel a little silly but id ask the shop about the loo issue.... off to go nose at the dress....
  • LittleRed_10LittleRed_10 Posts: 1,453

I heard a lady say to another  in a shop yesterday "if you were to come back and the dress had been discontinued, would you be dissapointed? that's how you know you've found the right outfit" (we were in a MOB store)

Wedding dresses are not meant to be practical, they are meant to be beautiful and if you love that dress well then this is your chance to wear it!

• heliganedenheliganeden Posts: 1,848
    LittleRed_10 wrote (see)

I heard a lady say to another  in a shop yesterday "if you were to come back and the dress had been discontinued, would you be dissapointed? that's how you know you've found the right outfit" (we were in a MOB store)

Wedding dresses are not meant to be practical, they are meant to be beautiful and if you love that dress well then this is your chance to wear it!

Wow, emotional blackmail style sales tactics there image

& nope, tbh I'd rather also be comfortable, I don't want to be big fat gypsy wedding style with cuts on my hips for the rest of my life, neither do I want to be like the ugly sisters cutting off my heel to fit into a shoe that doesn't fit - sorry, going all Grimms fairy tales there image

• LittleRed_10LittleRed_10 Posts: 1,453

I didnt mean it to that level at all!

Practical for me is jeans tshirt and walking boots, anything that I can't run or hike in I consider unpractical- so a wedding dress in my opinion is never practical.The only practicality I was mindful of was making sure that it wasn't to big so that I could fit down the aisle! As it is I have (almost) chosen a lovely fishtail number, which will probably have to come of when I use the loo as I cannot stand the thought of having er..."assistance". 

• amy-lou-22amy-lou-22 Posts: 1,259

I think your venue may determin the dress when it get's the should I/shouldin't I stage.

Will you be able to comfortably move around?

Will you be sitting a lot? Will this be comfortable?

And will it fit in with the rest of your wedding?

I tried on a dress that was so sexy, tight and amazingly detailed, but I'm getting married in a garden, it just wouldn't have been right for the setting.

• I wore a fitted dress with fat pants underneath that came right up under my bra. I didn't consider the loo until the day and when I got there I didn't have a clue what to do! I ended up going on the loo forwards so my dress was behind me and my bridesmaid held it and in the end I just pulled my knickers to the side and went! Sounds gross but it wasn't messy and was fine and much easier than taking my dress off! I only ended up needing to go once anyway!