When Should I Start Dress Shopping?

I am getting married in April 2013...when should I start dress shopping?!  I've had a look around and tried one or two on so know what style suits me best.  I'm hoping to spend 2-3 days at once hunting for my dress.  The reason for this being that I live in Yorkshire but my sister and mum (who i'll be shopping with) are in Kent so I want to try and find it and order it in one trip if possible!  I'm after a sample dress or off the rail one (due to budget).  Would September time be too late?  I'm clueless!!

• Spond25Spond25 Posts: 580

Hi I'm an April 2013 bride and ordered mine in April this year and it's due in the shop in August but won't need to go for fittings til Feb 2013.  I was told by the shops i went to that a year before is the best time although not sure why as my dress will be in the shop for  months before I go for fittings but at least this way I can pay it off gradually.  If you're looking for a sample dress I guess it's different as  you won't have to wait for it to come in. 

• Definately now.  I'm getting married in April and I already have my dress. The bridal shops I went to said allow 6 months for the dress to come in (mine only took two months though) and then a further 2-3 months depending on how heavy your alterations are.

• susi1979susi1979 Posts: 78

I am getting Maried in June 2013 and am going dress shopping on Wednesday next week. I was worred it was a bit too early, but the shops I have booked appointments with have assured me that its the best time to start looking!