HELP!!! Any info greatly appreciated.

Hey ladies, I'm hoping you can help me. I'm getting married in November 2012, I bought my gorgeous Dress in a sale a few weeks ago, got it at a great price, i would like to wear a matching belero or jacket but the shop hadn't got any and couldn't order me one from the dress designer as they were not stocking these dresses anymore that's why it was on sale. I contacted the supplier and asked about the matching belero, they said they couldn't supply directly to me that I had to go through a bridal shop, they gave me details of two shops not too far away, I contacted both but they had none in stock so I could try on and make sure I wanted it, they said they could order on from the supplier but it would take 16 weeks and cost ??150, I don't have the time nor the money to waste in case I don't like it. Have any of you got any ideas of what I should do. My dress is the Virginia Gown in champagne by Romantica. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• abi2889abi2889 Posts: 486
    Your best bet is to try and find something tat compliments it rather than matches, so as it has lace detail maybe look for a plain organza and have one made. Other girls have ordered things off etsy or notonthehighstreet.com which you could try.

Is there the option to order matching material from te designer? This is what I've done for my dress and the seamstress is making me the jacket I want with the material. I wouldn't have thought it would take as long to get to you if they don't have to do anything with it then you can source a local seamstress to make what you want.

I hope you sort something soon!
  • Thanks Abi, I guess I'm a bit nervous of buying something online in case I choose wrongly, nerve kicking in I guess. How about you, are you all sorted?
    Yes I know that feeling, I keep looking for shoes online and finding they're out of stock, and worrying I won't fins what I want in time!

Most things are organised but as ours is only small it's fairly low key. Though h2b still hasn't got a suit..., he will probably go shopping for one in October and find something perfect in an hour....he's just like that, it's very annoying!

How about you, have much else to do?
  • manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756

I cant help you with the specific shrug you're looking for but I agree with Abi getting something to compliment would work - try this place they do some lovely shrugs - good luck!

http://www.wraporshrug.co.uk/bridal-shrugs-2/

• Thanks girls,

Yeah Abi, me too on the hunt for shoes before we can adjust the length of my dress, my H2B hasn't got his suit either. We are having a fairly low key do also, on close family and friends at the ceremony, I'm from a big family and he is an only child so it's only fair, then a massive party in the evening around 200 people, lots of live music and craic.

I still have to decide on my hairstyle and head piece, if any, still on the hunt for shoes, underwear, jewellery and of course a shrug/jacket of some sort, need to decide on invitation design, cake design too, so lots to be getting on with, it will all come together in the end.
    I wrote out our invites yesterday while sat in the sun! So exciting! I've still got to meet with my friend doing our flowers, my sister is making our cake so we need to sort that out, I need to order favours, getting room decorations, sort out jewellery, underwear, find a nice short veil (not a birdcage one though), find shoes, do menu tasting, suits, music, actually give notice!! Oh dear when I list it out like that it seems like a lot!

I'm sure you're right, it will all come together in he end!