young bm/flowergirl dresses???

hiya ladies!!

I need some help....

am having a nightmare trying to find young bm/flowergirl dresses...my young bms are 5 (have 2 5 yo) and 10 and im struggling to find a style that i really like...colour theme is navy and yellow

have looked at the petal dresses in bhs and debenhams which i quite liked, but cant get the same dress in the right sizes image

where has everyone got there dresses from and how much??

got a budget of £200 for the 3 dresses

thanks,

Claire image

• I haven't got mine yet, but I know the petal ones you mean and they're lovely!

Just a thought - If you or someone you know is handy with sewing, you could perhaps find some plain dresses in the sizes/colour you need, then get some matching netting and sew around the waist and then loop under the skirt and sew inside (adding the petal shaped pieces of fabric inside) then hide the sewing around the waist with a sash that matches the petals - so you wouldnt even really need to be that great at sewing as all the stitches would be hidden?

Not sure if will work out as cheap, but could be worth looking into?

Hope that helps image x

• oh2bmrsjoh2bmrsj Posts: 569

you could get plain ivory dresses and buy yellow and navy sashes and fit them roiund the waist and in a bow at the back ?

• oh2bmrsjoh2bmrsj Posts: 569

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_248020711143_-1

hopefull the link works - debenhams tiger lilli bridesmaids dresses  from 35.20 for the smaller sizes

i know they are not officially bm dressess .

maybe you could have yellow flowers with them ?

• JP2BEJP2BE Posts: 262

As NearlyMrsLawson said- getting them made is an option! I'm having 5 adults and 1 child and really want the youngest to be in the same dress (but child appropriate!) as the adults because I want her to be a bridesmaid as opposed to a flower girl. I'm getting them all made because I became very grumpy and stressed trying to find something they could all wear in my budget! The seamstress is also making the cravats in the same material!

6 dresses: £460 inc. 2 fittings and the fabric. 

4 Cravats: £24

• LittleRed_10LittleRed_10 Posts: 1,453

We're getting ours from monsoon which are lovely x