Good bridal shops in the North West

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good bridal shops in liverpool, southport or Preston areas please?  I suppose by 'good' I mean nice friendly staff and good service.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Ax

• AB1981AB1981 Posts: 17
    Hi,

I live in Southport and ended up getting my dress from Eternity Bridalwear in Warrington, as I was looking for a Pronovias dress. They have been really good so far, picked my dress up a week ago, just have to take it back for alterations now. They are really friendly and approachable. Think they stock Pronovias, Jenny Packham, Elie Saab and some Lusan Mandongus. Takes me about 45 minutes to get there from Southport, so not too bad for fittings etc. x
  • hodgy-podgyhodgy-podgy Posts: 257
    Avoid halo and Ellis in Preston at all costs. Wrong size dress ordered by a rude woman with no people skills what so ever
  • nenjennenjen Posts: 1,524
    Totally agree with hodgy about halo and ellis - my experience was awful with very rude and uninterested staff.

I would fully recommend Belissima Brides of brimstage hall on the Wirral x
  • Second vote for Bellissima in Brimstage, it's 5 mins from the M53 so not too far outside the area you suggested.xx
  • MrsT13MrsT13 Posts: 285
    I'm in Southport too... I travelled to Lottie's Bridal Boutique in Lytham St Anne's and glad I did, lovely staff! Bought my dress from them. Cherish the bride in West Kirby was also fab though x
  • KattiannaKattianna Posts: 272

I've never been to Bellissima Brides but I've heard nothing but good things about it. A few of my friends have bought their dresses from there and the staff were wonderful.

• KattiannaKattianna Posts: 272

ooops submitted before I had finished, I can also recommend Cherish the Bride in West Kirby. That's where I bought my dress from. The ladies are fab and have lots of choice. image

• MrsMnowMrsMnow Posts: 463

I ahve found Hallo and Ellis really good we got our BM dresses there.  The bridal shop in Leyland called personnel touch is lovely, Jenny who owns it wonderful and the service was excellent.  really made you feel special.

• CetaceaCetacea Posts: 654

It's a bit out of the way for you but if you are going down to Liverpool at some point it might be worth doing a trip across the water to the Bridal Room in Hoylake, it's about another 20 minutes from Liverpool. I would advice against googling them because the website will put you off, just trust me that the shop is nothing like that! 

It's a small shop but I thought it was really well stocked, had a great selection at reasonable prices - I was getting a bit disillusioned as up to then I had only found enormous pouffy dresses everywhere but I actually found more than one dress in the silhouette I was looking for there! The owner, Lesley, bend over backwards for me. She is really lovely and was so keen to help, you can tell she really takes joy in what she does. I had two appointments with her as my parents could not make it to the first, we were running late for the second one and she actually kept the shop open for us especially. She didn't pressure about buying anything at any point and only seemed concerned about giving me a great experience. I ended up buying my dress in London (as I had my heart set on a specific one) but I would highly recommend this shop to anyone in the area. 

Besides it's a great excuse to stop at the Fleur Ashley tea rooms in Wallasey on the way, delicious afternoon teaimage 

• Second recommedation fir Lottie's bridal boutique in Lytham st annes. She's fairly recently opened (though has years and years experience managing a big bridal shop in Preston). Such a lovely girl - in the end I got my dress, my mum & god mum theirs on the same night and we're also renting our suits from her!

Best thing about it is the friendly atmosphere, not stuffy or pushy - even when I've brought in my BM dresses I bought from elsewhere and samples of material for the veil I'm making - charlotte couldn't be more helpful.

image x