Forum home Wedding fashion

Where to buy plus size wedding dresses in the Midlands

Where is theTobit but plus size wedding dresses in the midlands. We live in Worcester. Hbreeze too to a few in Worcester but they only have one or two dresses in my size 20. I'm getting a bit fed up and down

• I don't know how far you're willing to travel but you could try Platinum Brides in Shirley,Solihull

They stock pluz size dresses

hope this helps

• MrsNoelMrsNoel Posts: 486

Hi Jo, again its not Worcester but when I tried in my dress at Manor Park Brides in Castle Bromwich many of the dresses were sizes 18 and up. 

• The big day in castleford , Leeds is brilliant for plus size brides as literally every dress in the shop will either fit or dare i say it , be too big and need clamping at the back . They also have every shape of dress which is great as styles like fishtails arent often in standard shops x

• Hey! I've done most of the wedding dress shops in Worcester so here is a bit of a run down for you...

Bridal Boutique - Absolutely lovely ladies, and dresses in a larger size, never made to feel like I was too big to be there

Lacewings - Fantastic collection in all sizes and it wasn't just your typical A-Line in the larger sizes either which was really nice

Perfections - They have a plus size collection separate to their main dresses, was made to feel awful both times I've been in. The second time was because I'd popped in to get the name of the designer of this gorgeous dress. The ladies there ignored me for ages and then when I got around to asking me the size, looked me up and down and pointed me in the direction of their other dresses.

Cathedral Belles - The one and only time I've been in they had no other dresses than size 12/14 and below but they had only just been taken over so I don't know what they have now. Massively put off though as they had two young girls minding the shop who didn't seem to know what they were doing.

Not been to Gatehouse Brides yet but I've heard good things

My fiance got her dress from Sara Dawn in Malvern and she had a fantastic experience. I've spoken to her myself as I was trying to track down some dresses and she was the most helpful I've come across.

Hope this helps! x

• Amore plus in Rugby. they're amazing and I was gutted to find 'the' dress elsewhere.

About a bride in Milton Keynes is where I got mine.