Hand made wedding dress

Hi everyone, I am getting married next summer in the Cotswolds and my nan has said that she would love to make my dress. This would make my day as she is one of the most important people in my life!

I've seen a Jenny Packham dress that I have fallen in love with and have been looking for a pattern similar to the dress but can't find one! I've tried a few websites including ebay and various sewing website but haven't found anything even remotely similar.

Any ideas? Websites/shops/ANYTHING!!!!???

Thank you for any help!!! xxx

• laurapjlaurapj Posts: 726

Hi Amy Lou,

Not sure what dress you're hoping to recreate but I'd suggest not searching for wedding dress patterns but searching for something like 'evening gown patterns', 'vintage dress patterns', '1920s/1930s dress pattern' etc. You probably won't find something exactly like it but if you can find the same basic shape you could adapt it from there.

My old local sewing shop used to stock catalogues with all the sewing pattern producers like Butterick/Vogue/Simplicity etc (though they can often be a little out of date) and you could just flick through them all. Might be worth seeing if you have anywhere similar? x

• AmaliaAmalia Posts: 7

Hi Amy Lou.

Try www.ingridabridal.com

Maybe will find what you are looking forimage

• AmaliaAmalia Posts: 7

Probably you will need to google it. For unknown reasons you can not open straight away.

• Amy-LouAmy-Lou Posts: 3

Thank you guys, I will spend my evening looking!! image