Opinions needed: white dress and ivory shoes?

Hi girls, im looking to order my wedding shoes online and the ones i like only come up in ivory. My dress is white. do you think the difference will be really noticable??

Thanks,

Christina

• hautocrafthautocraft Posts: 263 New bride

It can be quite/really noticeable depending on how white your dress is. Unfortunately when I came to buying shoes there's just a really limited choice in white because apparently not many brides choose to wear white anymore (according to lady in the bridal shop) so the choices are limited and most shoes nowadays (in the stores) are ivory colour.  So had no choice really and bought ivory shoes. 

On the plus side, you rarely see/notice the shoes (if your dress is floor length), so you can get away with it, like I did.  Not too sure if your dress is shorter though, I would hunt for white shoes to match personally.

If your dress is long and you don't want to buy ivory shoes for a white dress, you could go bold and match the shoes to the bridesmaid's dress/wedding colour/theme etc.

Hope that helps.

• thank u! argh this is so annoying! all white shoes look sooo tacky! maybe i will have to go bold, my dress is long but i still want the shoes to look nice! (not that it matters, they will be getting kicked off as soon as the evening comes lol) xxx

• hautocrafthautocraft Posts: 263 New bride

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong - just because you barely see the shoes should you not bother with them looking nice image Just that don't stress over them being ivory too much compared to your white dress because it won't be too noticeable in the grand scheme of things (only when you walk at certain times perhaps) again depending on style of dress etc.

• Mrs B2B 2Mrs B2B 2 Posts: 7

What time of day and time of year are you getting married? I was worried about mine till h2b pointed out that in Nov in artificial light they will both look different

Will anyone else actually notice? 

Youcould wear blue shoes - something old....etc

• Jules10Jules10 Posts: 128

Nine West have some white shoes that aren't tacky image the soles are glitter! http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Nine+West+Anastasia22+high+heel+court+shoes/197626864,default,pd.html

• jemmykins09jemmykins09 Posts: 618

why dont you try etsy there's alot of shoes on there under white wedding shoes x