Dress Help (Pics)

Hi Ladies, 

I am going on Saturday to order my dress. I have two dresses in mind and I am going to try on a couple of the others again just to make sure. 

Sometimes all I think when I look at the dresses is my own negative points big hips etc I am dieting my little brains out so hopefully will look a bit slimmer on the day!

So I thought I would put it out there to all you lovely ladies. Which dress do you prefer?

Dress One. 

My issue with Dress 1 is bras, boobs and hips!

Dress Two.

Imagine this dress in ivory with white embroidery. Also the size I tried on was ridiculously small for me which is why it looks a bit odd on the top!

xx

• MrsTwizbeMrsTwizbe Posts: 3,352 New bride

I love the second one - I really like the colours.

• Defo Defo second one. Better fit and much more classy!

• Definitely 2. The belt round your waist is really flattering and enhances your shape. The band round the first one doesnt flatter you as much. Sounds like you know its all about number 2 but you're drawn to 1 because its the colour you want. If number 2 had been ivory I bet you'd already have bought it by now :) 

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,922 New bride

I agree, dress 2 is more flattering on you. But if you love the first one then don't be afraid to go for it!

• BekhaGBekhaG Posts: 586 New bride

I love dress one, but dress 2 is pretty and possibly a little more flattering on the bust. Have fun trying the dresses on again :)

• I agree with the others, dress 2 definitely!

• Kim90Kim90 Posts: 183

The detail of the different coloured embroidery on the second dress really is quite eye catching..diverting eyes from your larger bust! ..and I mean that in the best way...

The band at the waist rather than under the busy also is more flattering. So for me it's dress no 2.

Good luck, both are gorgeous wedding dresses! 

I gave chosen a white dress with black embroidery..x

• I think they are both beautiful - great choices... go with what your heart says.. x

• Pf2016Pf2016 Posts: 762 New bride

I definitely prefer the first one, but I think the neckline is a bit too low, like you said, it is a bit busty.  But I really like the way the dress cuts under your boobs in an empire style, it breaks up your waistline and draws your eyes upwards. I think this is a lot more flatting for your shape.  In contrast I think the second one cuts straight across your waist, and draws your eyes to it, I don't think it is particularly flattering.  Hope that is helpful and sorry if it is rude about the second dress. 

• Second one, although both look lovely on you.  xxx

• I was going to say dress 2 was better but I was being swayed purely by the fact it covers you up a bit more. I think that's why people have said they liked it better, but actually I don't think that should be your main criteria. I'm not keen on the top part of dress 2. Obviously it needs taking in at the ribs but even so, I'm not sure what's going on at the top. It looks like a strange design. Is it strapless? I prefer straps on you.

The first one is very pretty and overall I definitely prefer it as a dress (mainly because it's less girly and more sophisticated). It's a gorgeous dress so don't give up on it. I know what you're saying- it doesn't seem to have enough coverage in the boob area. How big was it on you? It looks too tight to me, which is making it seem unflattering when it wouldn't be in the right size. Would it be worth ordering a bigger size for the bust area, or asking them in the shop what they could do to add a bit more lace for coverage? I am sure it could be adjusted and tailored to be a better fit. Dressmakers can do wonders!

If you do go for dress 2, it's very flattering on the lower half.

• AngloGujiGlamour wrote (see post):

I was going to say dress 2 was better but I was being swayed purely by the fact it covers you up a bit more. I think that's why people have said they liked it better, but actually I don't think that should be your main criteria. I'm not keen on the top part of dress 2. Obviously it needs taking in at the ribs but even so, I'm not sure what's going on at the top. It looks like a strange design. Is it strapless? I prefer straps on you.

The first one is very pretty and overall I definitely prefer it as a dress (mainly because it's less girly and more sophisticated). It's a gorgeous dress so don't give up on it. I know what you're saying- it doesn't seem to have enough coverage in the boob area. How big was it on you? It looks too tight to me, which is making it seem unflattering when it wouldn't be in the right size. Would it be worth ordering a bigger size for the bust area, or asking them in the shop what they could do to add a bit more lace for coverage? I am sure it could be adjusted and tailored to be a better fit. Dressmakers can do wonders!

If you do go for dress 2, it's very flattering on the lower half.

I didnt say dress 2 because it covers her up more, not at all, its a stunning dress and in fact would look better with a sweetheart neckline to show some more skin!  

• Lea-Lea- Posts: 31 New bride

go with what your heart says x