Bustle/hook on tulle

hi guys just wondering how easy it's be to have a tulle skirt bustled/hooked as after ceremony and pictures I wouldn't want a big train or too much dress floating about image

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

The bottom of my dress was tulle and I was told I couldnt have a hook or a bustle due to the material. But I would say to take your dress to a seamstress to look at as it may depend on the style of the dress.

• Memza89xMemza89x Posts: 1,533 New bride

I wondered the same thing! I imagine it might be a bit fragile though my dress has a tulle skirt too and feels a lot of skirt to be walking in at tHe moment!

• CR1689CR1689 Posts: 378

Are you's having a hoop? I am. I got a tulle skirt as well and when I picked it they spoke about putting a hook for the train and didn't seem concerned? 

I'm not sure about a hoop - will need to see how the skirt feels to walk in after alterations. When I tried one before I didn't really like how it felt though! I'm really short though so hoping it will make the different after having about a foot off the hem haha

• CR1689CR1689 Posts: 378

I found a hoop really helped. It keeps all the material off your legs so just feel like your walking more normal aha! But it is something you can just add on later if you feel you need one. I don't want my hoop to be too big tho 🙈

My dress is A line but is still quite big. Maybe I will then - I need to be able to dance! (And walk of course haha)