Second hand wedding dresses????

Hi Guys

Our wedding is a tight budget and I really don't want to pay £1000's for a dress! What is the opinion on pre used wedding dresses???

Do you know anyone who sells them in Scotland?

Thanks

• Curl88Curl88 Posts: 70

There are loads on gumtree, eBay and pre loved. If my dress was on there I definitely wouldn't have hesitated to go down that route.

Id be sure to go into a store and try some beforehand though so you can decide on the style you like and see how you size up in bridal. I'm a size 10 on the high street but a 12-14 in bridal  

• Michelle09Michelle09 Posts: 141

I bought mine on Preloved. It was perfect and only cost £140. Highly recommend it!

• Nikki-93Nikki-93 Posts: 171

Have you tried Wed2b? i haven't been myself but the dresses are for lower budgets. There's one in Glasgow if that's any help.

• UmbongoUmbongo Posts: 89

I have no problem with having a 2nd hand dress, so long as it has been dry cleaned.

There are loads on ebay, preloved, websites like sellmyweddingdress.co.uk

I would also recommend trying a few on so you know what sort of style you are looking for.

I googled and found a few shops that sell 2nd hand and sample dresses so could try lots on and bought one from there that I would have otherwise been unable to afford.

Good luck!

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,790 New bride

Do go and try on and find the dress you want first! As mentioned above you need to check sizing. It's often said that wedding dresses are smaller sized than high street, but my dress has been ordered in a 10 which is what I am in high street clothes. And I know that's right as the sample as a 12 and was too big on me! So this is something you really need to check in person first. Find the dress you love, check the size and then keep looking for a 2nd hand one!

• Alternatively, you can look at High Street designers, eg, Asos, Monsoon, H&M. With saled going on at the moment you're sure to get a pretty bargain x

• DebrisDebris Posts: 32

I found the dress I liked in a bridal shop for £1,600. Decided it was far to much money, googled it and found it on eBay for £800 and local to me too. Sadly as the bride had some alterations done it didn't fit. so, there are lots of second hand dresses out there. I would suggest you try some on and go from there.

Best wishes