Ivory bride, dark blue groom - what about bridesmaids?

Hey guys!

I'm having difficulty finding out what color would match my bridesmaids so I was hoping some of you had ideas :-)

The following things need to be taken into concern:

- The wedding is start September, so the weather should be (hopefully) good and sunny

- My wedding dress is ivory

- My future hubby and quite a few of the nearest family are wearing dark blue suits 

- I have four bridesmaids and they couldn't be any more different! One is short, dark and has just had a baby, the second is a very tall, thin blond, the third is average height and competes in body fitness and the fourth is tall, chubby, pale and strawberry hair

Hope you have ideas - maybe also pictures? :-)

Thanks guys!

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

Any colour you like :) Not many colour don't match ivory and navy. They are probably the most popular colours for brides and groom at the moment and is what I am having. My colour theme is champagne so I am having my BMs in champagne gold dresses. But almost any colour would work so if I were you I would pick 3/4 choices and put it to your BMs, given the varieties of skin tone, to see which they are all happy with. 

• CR1689CR1689 Posts: 378

We considered navy suits but most the guests have said they'll be in blue so we've gone for a lightish grey. And the bridesmaids are in a sage green. which they would have still been in even if the groom was in navy. Like above, now a days, any colour can go with anything! A pale rosey pink would look lovely. xx

• NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,649 New bride

We're going for a light blue/serenity colour. I'm in Ivory and h2b and the other groomsmen will be in royal blue. Our colour theme is blue and light pink but only one of my bridesmaids would suit light pink otherwise I would have had pink.

• Kitten2014Kitten2014 Posts: 1,489

As was already mentioned, navy and ivory are both neutrals, so absolutely ANY colour would work with them.

Given the time of year, I would be inclined to go with a deep yellow, like a harvest gold. It's that "Indian Summer" time of year, so I personally would avoid the pastels of spring (powder pinks and mints) and the bright flaming colours of summer (hot pinks and purples and the like). If not a shade of yellow, I would probably go for a shade of orange. Yellow or orange both hint at the autumn to come without necessarily being an autumnal looking scheme when paired with the ivory and navy.

Truly though, pick any colour that catches your fancy!

• My exact colour scheme! 

My bridesmaids have navy blue maci dresses with gold accessories and shoes and the groomsmen navy blue suits with gold ties. Navy suit also for my groom, but navy tie. Oh! And my dress is ivory and my jewellery/accessories are all silver-toned.

My wedding is this weekend so I'm hoping the weather will be nice but ivory, navy and gold are all fairly neutral colours that work well in any Season. 

Let me know if you'd like some photos - and good luck!