Accessories help please!

My dress is a very plain strapless sweetheart, dropped waist very fitted on the top and ballgown bottom, all tulle. There is no detail on my dress at all. I bought a sash but think it is not quite right for the dress (too thick and chunky). I have found a new sash I like (at a price lol) and a hair priece I ADORE but I want to know what other jewellery you think I should wear with it? earrings/necklace? Both? one or the other? what style? I will attach photos from my phone below

• rainbooboorainbooboo Posts: 545

imageHairpiece 

imageSash

imageimageNecklace styles

imageimageimageEarrings 

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,606 New bride

Love the sash and hairpiece!

With a strapless dress I would certainly wear a fairly statement necklace. I like both necklaces that you've posted and think both would go. Then I'd probably go for some pretty stud earrings rather than massive danglers unless you want a reall glam look.

It does depend not only on the style of your dress and your hair, but also the venue and style of the wedding. Mine is kind of countryside cotswold house vintagey, so I've gone for fairly subtle but pretty jewellery. But someone having an art deco affair in a swanky London hotel would go for something more dramatic!

I got my jewellery from Swarovski who I have a long standing love affair with, have a look on there for some lovely ideas :)

Thank you for the feedback  I was edging towards simpler earrings with a blingy necklace. Seeing as there are only 3 weeks to go I need to get a shift on lol. I will make it my mission tonight to make a final decision! x

• Charlotte237Charlotte237 Posts: 273 New bride

I love all your accessories and I agree with the advice in the above post (although I wouldn't go TOO OTT on the necklace). I love the second necklave and the third pair of earrings; they'd go beautifully together. To be honest though, all stories should complement each other nicely!

Could I be cheeky and ask you where you got your hairpiece from? It's absolutely stunning and EXACTLY what I've been scouring the Internet for over the past few days :) 

Thanks Charlotte, I am soooo excited to get my pretties!

The hair piece is from Etsy, the seller is called adriajewelry (they are in Slovenia). Now their shop says it is closed at the moment but I emailed the seller and she has said she will start to make my flowers and then when shop reopens in a couple of days I can place my order. I can't find ANYTHING similar anywhere, I just love it!

• Kirsty66Kirsty66 Posts: 54

Hi rainbooboo

i think all these things are gorgeous! I agree with keeping the esrrings simple if your wearing a necklace. My dress sounds quite similar to yours andni ordered some statement earrings and decided not to have a necklace but I'm feeling like the earrings are too much now and more appropriate for a night out! I'm going to go for simple studs! Where are those earrings from? Are they Stephanie Browne? 

Thanks, Kirsty 

Sammykate wrote (see post):

With a strapless dress I would certainly wear a fairly statement necklace. I like both necklaces that you've posted and think both would go. Then I'd probably go for some pretty stud earrings rather than massive danglers unless you want a reall glam look.

It does depend not only on the style of your dress and your hair, but also the venue and style of the wedding. Mine is kind of countryside cotswold house vintagey, so I've gone for fairly subtle but pretty jewellery. But someone having an art deco affair in a swanky London hotel would go for something more dramatic!

I got my jewellery from Swarovski who I have a long standing love affair with, have a look on there for some lovely ideas :)

Can't stop giggling at "massive danglers" teheheee. Can you tell I am sleep deprived?!

Kirsty66 wrote (see post):

Hi rainbooboo

i think all these things are gorgeous! I agree with keeping the esrrings simple if your wearing a necklace. My dress sounds quite similar to yours andni ordered some statement earrings and decided not to have a necklace but I'm feeling like the earrings are too much now and more appropriate for a night out! I'm going to go for simple studs! Where are those earrings from? Are they Stephanie Browne? 

Thanks, Kirsty 

They are just from a seller on Etsy (UK based), I can't seem to find a uk seller of the style of necklace that I like and I don't want to risk ordering it from America, AAGH! Why did I leave this so late lol x

rainbooboo wrote (see post):
    Sammykate wrote (see post):

Can't stop giggling at "massive danglers" teheheee. Can you tell I am sleep deprived?!

Hahaha massive danglers- didn't even realise what I said there ;) You definitley don't want to use those as earrings!! 

imageHi ladies, this the matching set with the necklace - do we think these earrings are too much? I would have it in silver rather than the rose gold (although i do love the rose gold I don't think it would go when I have got a silver sash). My wedding is in a grand country house to give you an idea of the feel of the wedding xx

• Melissa-9Melissa-9 Posts: 5

Hey girls, I just ordered a bunch of accessories from aliexpress and I am very pleased with them. Okay, they ship from China so you'll need to wait a bit, but they are very cheap and you can find very similar stuff to the ones you've posted :) 

Of course, don't expect high quality pieces but since the prices are so low...it doesn't matter :)

Any thoughts from anyone not spamming?

I think they are lovely and not too much. I can't 100% be sure but they don't look too big or anything. I actually think they'll look nicer in silver.

Whatever you do don't buy your wedding jewellery from ali express lol... it'll probably fall apart during the ceremony ;) I think we deserve better on our wedding day!

Thank you for your thoughts lovely - the earrings are 1" in length so a nice size I think. I have bitten the bullet and ordered the set EEK!

I needed something which covered my pierce holes as they are very very slightly larger than normal (how lovely) after I used to have tunnels. I am considering buying teeny tiny studs for my second piercing in my ears but can't decide. I also have a tragus piercing which I don't know what to do with!! My everyday earring for that is just a tiny diamante stud so that will probaby be fine tbh. Gosh I sound a bit piercing heavy don't I x

• Samantha86Samantha86 Posts: 210

you also can check on twigsandhoney and wallao.

thats many cute, elegant and pertty jewellery

Talking of spamming...

Hope they are lovely when they come :) For your other piercings the tiny studs sound perfect.

Thanks for being so helpful Sammykate  I have gone with the etsy seller, they are in America and handmake the jewellery so I am hoping it is nice, it was £60 for the earring and necklace set so not super cheapy, hopefully it will look the part on the day! Because my sash was £200 I had to cut back a little elsewhere x

• angela0826angela0826 Posts: 96

the hairpiece is amazing! You have a genius for selecting the accessories.

I know the above is spam, but rainbooboo can you imagine wearing that awful brooch on your dress?