Burgundy Wedding Dress

What does everyone think of this dress?

I am worried that it may be too dark with dark brown hair. When I have asked other people they said that the dress was too prom like and had a bit too much going on in the dress.

Opinions please.

• It is a lovely dress! The most important question is, do you love it? That's all that matters in the end.

My cousin has a burgundy wedding dress too and it was stunning! It looked like this but the lace on the top was also burgundy:

• LEAH35LEAH35 Posts: 24

I think it is beautiful and would really suit someone with dark brown hair.

• Kitten2014Kitten2014 Posts: 1,489

I think it's quite pretty, and also agree that it would suit someone with brown hair. I am a huge fan of the non-white wedding dress. I don't know when you plan to marry, but the traditional side of me does tell me that this dress would be best suited for a fall or winter wedding...but that's just my old-school side coming out.

I think I would pair it with a hoop or full underskirt to really accentuate the full skirt. I also think that this would make it look more "wedding" and less "prom." I would also stick with simple accessories (i.e. simple diamante dangle earrings and maybe a solitaire diamante necklace) to make the overall style read elegant and not prom/beauty queen-like.

It's quite lovely, I would go with it if you like it.

• Its beautiful! With brown hair it will be really suited too :) 

• Bec88Bec88 Posts: 80

It's a beautiful dress and if you love it then go for it, It's your day!

I don't think it looks prom like, and don't forget you can still have a veil and you will have flowers.

I've gone for a gold dress that I think is sold as an evening dress. Wedding dresses just weren't me but I love my dress and can't imagine getting married in anything else.

At the end of the day you're the one who has to wear it.

• Thanks for the comments.

What sort of hoop/underskirt do you think would work well?