Sophia Tolli Wedding Dress - Aricia Y11641

Hi all,

I'm new here, and although it's a long shot I thought I might as well ask the question.

I have fallen in love with the Sophia Tolli - Aricia dress, and was wondering if anyone had any photos or clips of them wearing it, as I can't get a good idea of how it really looks from the stock photos.

It's too soon for me to start dress shopping, otherwise I'd just try and find it myself. Plus I feel as though seeing a real bride wearing the dress is so much more helpful than seeing a heavily edited photo.

If anyone has any photos they don't mind sharing, I'd be very grateful. Or if you've come across any 'real' photos of the dress online, I'd love to see it as I feel as though I've searched high and low 

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

I've tried on quite a few Sophia tolli and I found her designs to be extremely flattering. 

• Although it wasn't Aricia, I wore a Sophia Tolli dress and LOVED it. Couldn't find any 'real' photos of my dress either, and have to say I think it looked very different in the posed photos, but I definitely preferred it in real life!

I was told though that as they are an Aussie brand you need to order the dresses well in advance. I ended up wearing the sample dress from the shop which suited me (not sure the dress would have been in my price range otherwise!) but might be something to think about if you do pick one of her dresses  

• Ah awesome! Do you think they'd be flattering on a curvy and busty figure? I'm probably a size 16. I have always wanted a wedding dress with sleeves but I just couldn't resist the Aricia dress. 

• facetothesun wrote (see post):

Although it wasn't Aricia, I wore a Sophia Tolli dress and LOVED it. Couldn't find any 'real' photos of my dress either, and have to say I think it looked very different in the posed photos, but I definitely preferred it in real life!

I was told though that as they are an Aussie brand you need to order the dresses well in advance. I ended up wearing the sample dress from the shop which suited me (not sure the dress would have been in my price range otherwise!) but might be something to think about if you do pick one of her dresses  

Yeah I have seen a few 'real' dresses by her in photos that weren't Aricia and I think they looked better on the real brides :D I have heard that they are an Aussie brand too, I just hope somewhere stocks them in the UK so I can at least get an idea of sizing.

Which dress did you go for? 

• I wore Brandyn, and my dress started off as a 16, but as I have no curves at all (much to my dismay!!) I had it taken in and quite a bit of padding sewn into the top for me. So i'd say if anything they would suit a curvier figure more!

Where about in the UK are you? The shop I got mine from stocked quite a few Sophia Tolli dresses so you shouldn't have any problems finding one :)

• I just googled Brandyn and wow, its stunning!! I am so glad to hear that they would suit a curvier figure, as I always worry my size might affect how good the dress will look. Silly I know, but after having a disaster with my prom dress (strapless definitely isn't happening with the boobage I have) I just worry.

I am in the North East, I suppose it's classed as North Yorkshire where I live, and I think a few places stock Sophie Tolli but I'm not sure if they stock Aricia. Where abouts did you get yours from :)

I'm slim but have hips and boobs and found her designs to be flattering. If you go on her website you can easily search for stockists. I'm in London and have found several shops within a 40 minute drive stocking her dresses. Currently loving Rickiimage

• Ah that's beautiful :) Its good to know they do compliment curves. I love Aricia, Sam and Nightingale so far. Need to try them on ASAP. 

I do know of a place that stocks Sophia Tolli around here, its just hoping they have the dresses available to try. 

Give them a call before you go if you have your heart set on a certain few.

• i just bought this!! love her gowns, tried loads on today, this was my favourite - the train is stunning!! 

• the only thing I knew I wanted for my dress was for it to be Sophia Tolli! I tried on around 10/12 and narrowed it down to Mirri, Candace and Begonia. 

Despite not wanting strapless, lace or fishtail... I ended up with Begonia.

her dresses are stunning and the quality is outstanding.

I tried on another couple of more expensive dresses and Sophia Tollis were superior in every way! 

Heres my Begonia 😍imageimage

• Have you looked through the Sophia Tolli facebook page? There are two 'real bride' albums on there! I've bought the Sophia tolli Robin - love it :)

• MrsMac2b3 wrote (see post):

the only thing I knew I wanted for my dress was for it to be Sophia Tolli! I tried on around 10/12 and narrowed it down to Mirri, Candace and Begonia. 

Despite not wanting strapless, lace or fishtail... I ended up with Begonia.

her dresses are stunning and the quality is outstanding.

I tried on another couple of more expensive dresses and Sophia Tollis were superior in every way! 

Heres my Begonia 😍imageimage

Wow!!!! You look absolutely stunning!!! What a gorgeous, dramatic train! Thats one of the things I have my heart set on I think. More people tend to be sat looking at the back of your dress more often than not, so I want something statement! 
    Also, the shape is very flattering!

• Bournemouth Bride wrote (see post):

i just bought this!! love her gowns, tried loads on today, this was my favourite - the train is stunning!! 

Did you buy Aricia??? Would you mind sharing a photograph? I have bee dress shopping since and have been to shops that stock her dresses but I cant find Aricia anywhere :( 

• imageI

I had the same problem so here it is the Sophia tolli Aricia.  I loved my dress so much  . My only problem was it's really heavy and ended up cutting my shoulders.. other than that it's perfect