Dress shopping

Hi all, I had my first dress shopping experience today was lots of fun :) went to just try really but found 4 I liked it the Second shop and am thinking I'll go back with my mum. However in the fun and excitement I didn't ask about the price of any of the dresses and the woman never asked me about budget so I have no idea if I can afford them and don't want to try them on again if they are way over budget. should I just email the lady to ask for prices? 

• I would saves you wasting ur time and theirs if it's not in ur budget 

• Yes, you should. if the wedding dress is over than your budget, you don't need go back again.

• wed172Bwed172B Posts: 1,258

Thanks all, emailed the owner and the prices are all over budget and by more than i would be willing to go which is what i expected. Not disappointed but worried that my budget is never going to stretch to the type of dress i really want. Saw one on a pre-loved site but would require a trip down to London (i live in Derby) and would mean re-thinking my colour scheme and i have already bought one bridesmaid dress! So i guess i need to decide what i really want!

• Do you not have a wed2be store near you? All their dresses are really cheap. I've personally not been but have heard from friends how amazing it is so maybe worth a shot?

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

What's your budget? Maybe we can help with suggesting designers 

• wed172Bwed172B Posts: 1,258

Yes i have a wed2b and i'm planning a trip in 2 weeks. The problem is i love the Eliza Jane Howell dresses and they are at least £1600 - £2000 and i can't go further than £1000. I'm not sure if this style of dress is gonna be something wed2b have much of? and i can't really find anything else similar from other designers either. Can't really know until i have been of course but that's my concern :)