Boudoir Photoshoot? MyBoudoir, Nicola Grimshaw Mitchell

When I first joined the forum about 5 years ago there were a lot of ladies doing boudoir photo shoots as the present to give their husband on their wedding day. Nicola Grimshaw Mitchell was the real popular one and I fell in love with her work. Well after 5 years of lusting after them, I finally did my shoot last week! She now does discount days, where it's reduced from £320 to £195 so I booked one up and just went for it. I wanted to do a post about it just in case there are other brides thinking of doing one: it was a really great experience and I can't recommend it enough!

Here are my pictures: (two are included in the £195 package from a choice of 4)

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

Wowza Hello MrsM!

• Lol Jenni, you have commented on my planning thread: you know that isn't how I normally look! My other photos:

imageimage

These were some selfies after my make over:

imageimage

How I look in real life:

Worth every penny!!

I just got shared on the Myboudoir Facebook page! Sooo exciting 

• BekhaGBekhaG Posts: 586 New bride

Oh wow!!!! You look incredible!!! And frankly you look gorgeous in your 'real life' pic too 

I did a boudoir shoot pre- wedding and my husband loved it (gave the photos to him as his wedding morning gift)  It was great fun (I took a friend along and we had a right laugh), the make up and hair girl and photographer were both amazing and I love the photos. Its nice to have a record of myself looking good to look back on when I'm old!

I only got 1 digitally, the rest were hard copy photos in a presentation box. I'd highly recommend any girl do it- feel sexy for a day and have some fab pics taken of yourself. I'd defo do a shoot like that again, or even a nuddy one 

• MrsMannMrsMann Posts: 757 New bride

Oh wow!! You look amazing! I would love to get something like this done!

• lola3lola3 Posts: 350 New bride

Hi, your photos are stunning. I did a FYEO shoot last month for my h2b morning gift for our wedding next month. I lived the experience and even felt confident enough to do a fully naked shot. I really would advise any lady or bride 2b to do this it's a great confidence booster. Xxx

• MrsLjCMrsLjC Posts: 1,225 New bride

Wow you look stunning, gorgeous photos!

• elsyelsy Posts: 533

You look stunning Mrs M! Beautiful photos! 

I won a boudoir photo shoot last month but didn't claim the prize :-/ I couldn't bring myself to do it. Kind of kicking myself now. 

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

Oh wow Mrs M!!!! 

• MashMash Posts: 73

Beautiful. Stunning photos. Quite envious.  I thought about it as a gift for my H2B but he really wasn't keen on the idea ( perfect as I am, looks fake etc) but I still really fancy it, I'm working hard to get weight etc sorted for our wedding and I think it would help massively with my confidence on the day, and be great to look back on. H2B did say he didn't have any problem with me doing it for myself just not for him ... but feels a little self indulgent really. 

Oooo just seen there's a reduced price session a couple days after my birthday ..... tempting 

TheLegacyofMrsM wrote (see post):

Lol Jenni, you have commented on my planning thread: you know that isn't how I normally look! My other photos:

Yes you look amazing, but you do still look like you! You a gorgeous in "real life" too but extra sexy hehe! I would love to get this done but have no idea how h2b would like it. Did your H2B like it?

• lubeslubes Posts: 1,555

MrsM!!! WOW! You look hashtag AMAZING. Gorgeous! Well done you! x

• gill17gill17 Posts: 568 New bride

Wow u look amazing! By 2 of choice of 4, does that mean she took 4 different pictures and you choose 2 to get printed? I've seen loads of this kind of thing on buyagift, was tempted...

• Marija2Marija2 Posts: 362

Wowza! You look stunning!

we do boudoir photography where I work, and i'm always so tempted to give it a go... i love how different women feel/look before and after the shoot! Love how much confidence it gives them. Just the fact that you wanted to share pictures of yourself in lingerie online shows it!!! Well done!!!

• Wow you look INCREDIBLE!!!

• MrsG2bxxMrsG2bxx Posts: 868

I really love these! I don't think I'd ever have the confidence to do it although I know my H2B would love it and be totally shocked!!

Did you take the underwear that you wanted to be photographed in? I wouldn't have a clue what type of thing to buy so that it looked classy and not page 3 lol!!

Also was your hair and make-up included in that price? xx

I just came back to ask similar MrsG2b - I've been reading http://www.myboudoir.co.uk/single-post/2016/1/29/What-to-Bring-to-Your-MyBoudoir-Shoot 

MrsG2bxx wrote (see post):

I really love these! I don't think I'd ever have the confidence to do it although I know my H2B would love it and be totally shocked!!

Did you take the underwear that you wanted to be photographed in? I wouldn't have a clue what type of thing to buy so that it looked classy and not page 3 lol!!

Also was your hair and make-up included in that price? xx

Yeah have a look online, the hair and makeup is included so it is actually a very tempting offer!

But I was going to ask about the lingerie, they say they have some but I'd be worried it doesn't fit etc so would want to take my own but don't currently have anything along those lines. My poor H2B lol.

MrsM did you go all the way to Manchester for it though?

• NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,653 New bride

WOW!! You look like a model in those photos. They are brilliant. I've been tempted to do a boudoir shoot but I don't know whether h2b would look at it again after his initial look. He doesn't ever look at any photos after the event.

Guess what.... I've booked !!! I could really do with a confidence boost and although I've checked a few out over the last few months I've always had the weird suspicion they aren't really REAL people lol.... can't dispute that now ! MrsM looks fabulous ( although have to say they had a pretty good place to start from, she's so pretty anyway ).  H2B is happy ( and paying !) and offered to come with me (I declined - it's something I want to do on my own, for me!) Thank you MrsM and Bekha ( who also looks gorgeous in her pic !)  I'll let you know how it goes ( might not be brave enough to share the pics though lol )

Woohoo go Mash!

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,869 New bride

MrsM - You look A-MAZ-ING!  You were right this was a great idea to do!  Will deffo be doing some researching and persuading hubby its worth it!! xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • Mrs17Mrs17 Posts: 876 New bride

MrsM... WOW  you look incredible!!! I've never even thought about having one of these but I sure am now!! Will you be hanging those on your bedroom walls?! x

• Lexi90Lexi90 Posts: 971

You look amazing! Great photos - bet your husband loves them. 

I would never have the confidence to do this. 

I am insanely shy and the thought terrifies me... but if I can do this .... then walking down the aisle will be a breeze !! 

• Hi ladies, thanks so much for your comments! I've never been body conscious exactly, but my confidence has dipped over the past 6 months so I was really tempted to do one now, I'd been following her for 5 years! I got a tax rebate of £192 and the next day saw one of her reduced shoot days was when I was on holiday in the Lake District (I'm based 400 miles away down south!) the day was actually fully booked, so I emailed Nicola and asked if someone dropped out could I be the replacement? She emailed me back and juat extended the day to fit me in! I couldn't not book after she had been so lovely. My husband didn't really get it, but was supportive. we actually cut our holiday short for a day to go in the end!

The £195 included hair and make up, including false eye lashes. I originally took my bridal lingerie and asked go borrow a corset to cover my tum. Instead Nicola recommended a set she has in her wardrobe which I am wearing in the picture. She also lent my hold ups. when you arrive she has a sheet of her photos for you to say what style you want and then she instructs the hair and make up people. This bit is done in her living room so kind of has girls getting ready for a night out feel?? Very friendly and people giving each other compliments. 

Once Nicola has set up you go upstairs and she takes photos in 4 styles, which are the 4 you chose from. Mine was the same pose from 3 different angles and then a nude one. it's not uncomfortable at all, she's very professional. My pics came through after 4 days and I am overjoyed with them! Anyone curious about them, I'd say look at Myboudoir and Nicola Grimshaw Mitchells work, email her if you have any questions aa she's so friendly and helpful and just go for it!

• Lovely photos LegacyofMrsM!! I also joined the forum about 5/6 years ago when she was probably at her peak boudoir wise.  Like you, I ventured several hundred miles away and she was worth every penny! It wasn't something I'd ever considered before (and I thought that many looked seedy - think FYEO etc) but when I saw Nicola's images I knew I needed to go for it.  She is so much more than a photographer too; a very clever lady that is a whizz at posing you and making you look amazing.

Glad you enjoyed xx

• Wow, you are charming and these photos are amazing!

• MrsM - you look stunning! A lovely keepsake too. Bet hubby was delighted with them ;)