Walking in heels

Now, I have high heeled shoes but most of them have straps.. The reason being is I have one foot half a size bigger than the other.

I would love to wear any heel but I struggle to walk in ones without heels because they 'flip flop' about.

My dress is a short dress so my feet will be on show.

Any types for keeping a heel on without 'flappage'?

• Tanya128Tanya128 Posts: 1,993

I'd suggest getting an insole and heel grip for the foot that is smaller so should help to keep the shoe on.

i have one foot bigger than the other so I've gone for a wedge heel espadrilles that have ankle ties, they fit great and the ties keep them on nice and firmly.

• Mrs_BadgerMrs_Badger Posts: 1,440

Thank you fo the advice. X

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

You're better off going for a shoe that has more of a chunkier heel rather than a stiletto heel as they are easier to walk in, i.e. like this:

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_63126+16991180_-1

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_63126+15781113_-1

The chunkier heel will help you balance easier if you aren't used to walking in heels. I can't wear heels without ankle straps otherwise I can't keep them on my feet.

Also, consider a platform shoe as they will give extra height without being difficult to walk in, as long as they have a sturdy heel. I used some gel heel inserts for my shoes as they were a bit loose.

• Rainbow CLub do some gorgeous shoes wit straps, might be worth taking a look at them?

my feet were on show too with my tea length dress, and my shoes were so comfy! x

• Marija2Marija2 Posts: 362

I have exactly the same problem... Most of the shoes are too wide and half size too big for me, so a strap is usually a must. I decided not to compromise this for the wedding day. Uncomfortable shoes is not something you want on a day... or ever. :) I went for shoes I would wear again, with straps and chunky heel. They still looked very delicate, but a bit different from usual wedding shoes. But for me it was a good thing. :) I practised a lot at home to walk in them, because at the beginning I found them very high and couldn't even go down the stairs without holding onto the walls. :))) At the end I was pretty much running around the house in them, doing all the houseworks in them and carrying stuff up and down the stairs. I was so pleased I did it as on a day I felt confident in them and lasted most of the day in them. :)

• Mrs_BadgerMrs_Badger Posts: 1,440

Thank you x