Bridesmaid fur stoles

merry Christmas everyone!

we get married 02/12/17 and I have a vision of my bridesmaids with fake fur stoles. I managed to get some in the coast sale that I think will look great with our colours. However I Ann beginning to wonder when they should wear them!

we are getting married in a country house where the bridal party will stay for the weekend. There is a courtyard to cross between the house and the converted stables where we will get married. do you guys think that they should wear them to cross the courtyard and then take them off before walking the aisle? Or should they walk down the aisle in them? 

Hopefully we will have some crisp winter weather for outside pictures after the ceremony! 

All ideas appreciated!

xx

• Emma624Emma624 Posts: 137

Hi I have been looking for cover ups for the bridesmaids as getting married in Feb! I don't want to spend a fortune as I was just going to have them wear then when outside for pics etc. And not for walking down the aisle as if I've paid more for the BM dresses I would want to show them off. Is there anywhere else you looked that do cheaper cover ups than Coast that I could look at? I am wearing a feather cover up but again it will only be when I'm outside as want to show off my dress and want some pro pics without it x

• MrsCFMrsCF Posts: 155

I get married in Feb too and I got ivory faux fur boleros brand new from eBay for £5 each. I'm the same I don't know when they will wear them again and I think they will only wear them for the church. 

I am trying to find a child's one for my flower girl but having no luck at all!

• EpiphanyEpiphany Posts: 718

I think they should keep them on!

If they take them off, where would they put them?  Also, keeping them on fits in well with the wintry theme.

If it's chilly outside and you want them on for the photos following the wedding, and they have taken the stoles off, then they've got to put down their flowers, get the stoles on, make sure they are on straight etc - all a bit faffy potentially.

Also whether they keep them on or off may have a bearing on any necklaces they wear.

I think, once they are on they should stay on - then there's no worries about where to put them during the ceremony or getting them back on -  neatly and in time without a mirror - for the pictures, and it keeps the wintry theme going.  And you get more value out of them too! :)

• Emma624 wrote (see post):

Hi I have been looking for cover ups for the bridesmaids as getting married in Feb! I don't want to spend a fortune as I was just going to have them wear then when outside for pics etc. And not for walking down the aisle as if I've paid more for the BM dresses I would want to show them off. Is there anywhere else you looked that do cheaper cover ups than Coast that I could look at? I am wearing a feather cover up but again it will only be when I'm outside as want to show off my dress and want some pro pics without it x

Hey, the ones I bought were £29 each. I struggled to find any at a more reasonable price. I think that Tesco had some for £20 but I couldn't find them in my local store...

there are some some gorgeous ones on Etsy but mostly ship from the US and not as cheap as the coast ones I got..

good luck and have a wonderful day in February!

x

• Emma624Emma624 Posts: 137

£29 from Coast is really good - how long ago did you buy them? My BM had her baby yesterday he came about 2 weeks early lol so we now have a bit more time to shop - she was too heavily pregnant before so we were just looking online - I also need to find BM shoes with less than 8 weeks to go! The BM bit has been the most stressful of the organising for me. Good luck with everything, Feb is coming around quick for me EEEK! I will look out for you on here xxx

• EpiphanyEpiphany Posts: 718

Deborah, did you decide whether the maids should keep the stoles on or remove them in the end? x

• Emma624 I got them in the sale in Boxing Day...hopefully still have some left!

there is a porch at the entrance to the ballroom where we will get married so I might have them take the, off and leave them there and collect them on their way outside...

• MrsNH17MrsNH17 Posts: 541 New bride

Don't know if anyone is looking for bridesmaid fur cover ups at the moment but just seen these on sale in matalan....

Ive seen a few brown fur options like this from Pinterest So could work!