Wedding dress alterations

I live in London and I've bought a Jenny Packham dress from Preloved but I need to find a reliable tailor who can alter down one size for me - and take the hem up slightly.

There is lots of beading on the dreas and I'd like to find someone who I can trust!! (photo attached)

Please could someone help / advise me?  

• Hi Vicky

Did you have any luck with this? I'm trying to find somebody too.

Let me know if you found somebody you would recommend.

Thank you!

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Whereabouts in London? I'm north east and know a good one. 

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

No doubt there'll be someone posting on here soon to recommend 'Alterations Boutique' in London (normally a new user who posts the same thing over and over again- there was a huge thread on them recently). I would avoid as all the reviews online seem very dodgy to me. 

• I'm still desperate! I get married in 10 weeks so really need to find somewhere.

Any recommendations ladies? x

• MrsG2bxxMrsG2bxx Posts: 868

Hi girls,

Not sure if this will help but I needed to have my bridesmaid dresses altered - they didn't need too much doing but needed the length altered and some adjustments to the sleeves.

I took them to a local dry cleaners, I read reviews before hand and there were many brides who were writing to say what a fantastic job they did on their wedding dresses so I thought, if brides trust them then I will trust them with my bridesmaids!

I dropped my dresses in and had them back within the week - they are absolutely perfect! I am so impressed.  Maybe dry cleaners in your area will be worth a look but I would read reviews first just in case! xx

• I took my dress to Alterations Boutique. Prices were reasonable and the service fantastic.

The address is 14 New Quebec Street W1H 7RS. Their number is 0207 724 4147.

Give them a try! 

https://www.alterationsboutique.co.uk/wedding-dress-alterations

Jade

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

Don't use Alterations Boutique!! They always spam on the forum and their reviews are questionable- a lot of them seem fake. If you look on their Facebook page you'll see what I mean.

• Ladies, my Vera Wang wedding dress needs a few adjustments urgently. My wedding is on 9th February. I rang a couple of places but they are saying there isn't enough time to do it. Any advice would be much appreciated??? 

Allie 
  • Sarah995Sarah995 Posts: 3 New bride
    Hi Allie,
    I hope you have found someone! If not I could recommend Alterations Boutique in Marylebone. I had my dress altered there and they were very flexible. You can look them up on Google and give them a call. I am sure they will be able to help! Good luck :)

Sarah
  • cs2thecoxcs2thecox Posts: 251 New bride
    Haha the spamming continues. 9 Feb is ultra soon, but this is the place I used for my bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding ages ago.
    Worth a phone call at the very least. They're right by Queenstown Road station, on the line out of Waterloo.

https://www.designandalter.com/
  • Sarah995Sarah995 Posts: 3 New bride
    I am not sure why I am being accused by cs2thecox for posting spam when I just was trying to help Allie to find a seamstress. Not that I feel that I have to prove anything to you cs2thecox but here is a picture of my wedding dress fitting at Alterations Boutique in London. They were very flexible and did an amazing job (I received many compliments on my wedding day)! Sarah

• cs2thecoxcs2thecox Posts: 251 New bride
    Sorry, it just didn't come across too well after the posts above yours! No offence meant at all.
  • Sarah995 said:
    I am not sure why I am being accused by cs2thecox for posting spam when I just was trying to help Allie to find a seamstress. Not that I feel that I have to prove anything to you cs2thecox but here is a picture of my wedding dress fitting at Alterations Boutique in London. They were very flexible and did an amazing job (I received many compliments on my wedding day)! Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thank you so much for your recommendation! I have collected my dress from Alterations Boutique today and very happy with the result indeed! My wedding is in two days!!!! You look so beautiful in your wedding dress by the way, thank you for sharing! 

Allie x