Mens Suits

sorry, another post for me! About the men again!!

Who are you providing suits for in the bridal party?  I was thinking groom, best man, father of the bride and father of the groom.  Is that quite normal?

I'm not sure if OH's dad will wear the hired suit, he didn't for his brothers wedding, not overly fussed as don't want to force him to wear it if it's going to make him feel uncomfortable but is it the norm for both Fathers to wear the same as the groom?

What is everyone doing?

Thanks

• wed172Bwed172B Posts: 1,258

We are just having groom and best men, there's no fob and fog bought. New suit for another wedding recently so no point in hiring him one. I don't think it matters about fog I don't think it's traditional so if hes more comfy in n his I'd go with that

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,799 New bride

I think traditionally then yes you would hire all of those suits- but you don't have to! I don't have a burning desire for every man in the wedding party to match. So we have bought suits for H2B and the 2 best men, and then bought ties and pocket squares for FOB and the usher. They already have suits they can wear!

• Mrs17Mrs17 Posts: 821 New bride

We've gone for best men and FOB. My other half wasn't keen on offering FOG the same, as he felt there was no need and I didn't push it as we don't have a huge budget!

• MrsMannMrsMann Posts: 757 New bride

We are buying suits for H2B and his best, FOB and FOG are going to be buying their own suits but we will buy them matching ties etc. 

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

I didn't think it was traditional for the FOG to wear a suit but I might be wrong. Either way they don't actually have a role in the wedding unlike FOB who walks up the aisle and does the speech. FOG does neither of those things so we decided to just go best man, ushers and my dad. You can do whatever you like these days though!

• MrsNolanMrsNolan Posts: 683 New bride

Glad you posted this as I've been wondering. Fiancé has hired suits for him and his best man... I was like are my dad and brother meant to have matching ones? I have no idea lol. 

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

Yes fog and fob and ushers and groom and bm all in matching suits traditionally as they are the bridal party and on leaving a church fog assorts mob, and fob assorts mog, bm assorts chief bm and ushers assort the bms.