Question

Can the mother of the bride and mother of the groom wear the same colour 

• CE26CE26 Posts: 349 New bride

It's more usual that they wear different colours. The MOB usually chooses first and then the MOG picks something different.

However, these days there is so much variety when it comes to weddings that you dont have to stick with any rules or traditions if you dont want to.  If they both want to go for similar colours they can do if all parties are happy.

The only consideration could be the photos...if they are in the same it means neither of them really stand out. 

• Tanya128Tanya128 Posts: 1,993

They can but whether they should is another question! Oh dear I just turned into my grandmother! lol I think comparisons might be made and it might make them uncomfortable unless they are both happy with it and check it's not the exact same outfit, that would be awful! But then I have got a friend whose sister in law insisted that everyone and I mean everyone who came to the wedding had to wear purple so both mob and mog were in the same colour! 

• Emma708Emma708 Posts: 18

It's not the same outfit just they both have navy in them 

• Lexi90Lexi90 Posts: 971

I would say yes. I have never even thought about it. It certainly wouldn't bother me. Are they happy to? 

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 4,013 New bride

Not something that would even occur to me as a problem! Our MOB and MOG have no idea what each other are wearing lol.

• Helen225Helen225 Posts: 861 New bride

Totally. The only dodgy thing for me (other than wearing exactly the same outfit!) would be if one was in the wedding colour and one wasn't as I wouldn't want the one that isnt wearing the colour to feel left out. 

• Emma708Emma708 Posts: 18

Yeah they are both happy that they are wearing the same colour 

• LeeLawLeeLaw Posts: 107 New bride

This wouldn't even cross my mind as an issue... so yes it's fine!