Thoughts on this dress.....

I'm on holiday in New Orleans and saw this dress in the window of a bridal store. I snuck in and asked to try it on. They were so lovely and accommodating. 

What do you ladies think? It'll be a mission to get it made and shipped as the designer currently has no uk stockists. 

Edited to add: does anyone know of any similar designs that I can source in the uk? This would be the font of information. 

Thank you you in advance for your opinions and help. X

• MrsNolanMrsNolan Posts: 683 New bride

I think the shape and cut is stunning on you, really suits your body shape. I really like the back too and the tiny delicate straps.

I personally wouldn't go for the silver, however if that's your style and it fits with your wedding and you love it then go for it! Anyone else's opinion is subjective to personal tastes and shouldn't sway your decision. You look great!

Ps I'm so so jealous that you're in new orleans, I've always wanted to go! Xx

• SpacepuffinSpacepuffin Posts: 664
    MrsNolan2017 wrote (see post):

I think the shape and cut is stunning on you, really suits your body shape. I really like the back too and the tiny delicate straps.

I personally wouldn't go for the silver, however if that's your style and it fits with your wedding and you love it then go for it! Anyone else's opinion is subjective to personal tastes and shouldn't sway your decision. You look great!

Ps I'm so so jealous that you're in new orleans, I've always wanted to go! Xx

Thank you you for that, you're very kind. It fits pretty well with our coastal wedding theme and it was the fabric that struck me but I know what you mean - it's more 'bling' than I would usually opt for.

Also, head for New Orleans if you get the chance. It's fantastic! X

• August18August18 Posts: 247

Wow!! sorry no clue about like designers in the uk but I think this dress is absolutely gorgeous. . X

August18 wrote (see post):

Wow!! sorry no clue about like designers in the uk but I think this dress is absolutely gorgeous. . X

Thank you. She's a beauty. I can't believe I stumbled into her by accident. Meant to be? I'm not sure.... 😃

• Rosegold017Rosegold017 Posts: 476

What an amazing dress! Very space puffin :)

• ShitGotRealShitGotReal Posts: 435 New bride

I like it. It's similar to one I saw online and absolutely loved:

Also, please DM me about New Orleans. For some reason, totally unknown to me, it has been number one on my bucket list for years now. I am completely drawn to the place! 

Rosegold017 wrote (see post):

What an amazing dress! Very space puffin :)

Thank you. It's unusual and I love it. It reminds me of a stormy sky which fits with our coastal March wedding so well. I'm definitely excited by this dress. X

ShitGotReal wrote (see post):

I like it. It's similar to one I saw online and absolutely loved:

Also, please DM me about New Orleans. For some reason, totally unknown to me, it has been number one on my bucket list for years now. I am completely drawn to the place! 

That dress is beautiful - I can see what you loved about it. It is definitely a similar ilk. 

I will definitely DM you (if I can work out how - I'm a horrendous technophobe, the sideways photo was a moment of unusual genius for me!). 

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

Love it !  I saw similar in a magazine a few years ago it was gold lame though.  

I love the shape!   Havent seen anything like it recently.  

• wed172Bwed172B Posts: 1,258

OMG i absolutely LOVE this dress :)

• Victoria197Victoria197 Posts: 720

Beautiful dress and looks stunning on you

• I love it, the silver makes it unusual and I really like the cut.

Can you not buy it there? Bit impulsive and crazy but what a story about how you found your dress.

• Oh my goodness I love it! Beautiful. I didn't have dress doubts until now! Haha. Be impulsive- buy it! It seems like you have found your dress. You look beautiful and the wee smile we can see in the photo says it all. 
    Good luck!

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,797 New bride

It's gorgeous and I've not seen anything like it. Can they ship it to you if you buy it?? Impulsive maybe but you might regret not doing it!

• I think it is a stunning dress, and the shape really flatters you!

Is there any way you could make it work? could you get it shipped to here and then altered over here? It would be such a shame to compromise on such a gorgeous dress! x

• Miaow8690Miaow8690 Posts: 298

I think it looks absolutely stunning! Be impulsive, buy it and bring it home with you! You can get it altered over here if it needs it.

You guys are a terrible influence! Thank you for all your lovely comments. I talked to the shop and they are not able to ship it but they've given me contact details for the designer who may be able to ship the sample size out to me as it fits well.

This holiday has been fantastic for so many reasons but finding my dress may well be the cherry on the cake!

Thank you again for all your thoughts, kind words and opinions. You've basically been my stand-in MOB and best women as I couldn't take them with me. Thank you! X

• Miaow8690Miaow8690 Posts: 298

Haha we are a terrible influenc - but it'll be worth it if you find your dress! I hope the shipping works out for you 😊 

I will keep you all posted. Thank you again. X

• KerryL82KerryL82 Posts: 97

Wow! The dress is beautiful and you look so lovely in it! There are some floral dresses starting to creep into the bridal stores - Sassi Holford and Wendy Makin have some.

I think the dress really suits you!!!!

KerryL82 wrote (see post):

Wow! The dress is beautiful and you look so lovely in it! There are some floral dresses starting to creep into the bridal stores - Sassi Holford and Wendy Makin have some.

I think the dress really suits you!!!!

Thank you. I really appreciate your thoughts. I've got an appointment to start trying dresses on with Mum in a couple of weeks - this is the only dress I've tried so far. I saw it in the window of a shop we passed and loved it. I'll see if I can find anything else that I like as much. If not, it looks like I've found 'the dress' straight off. 😃