What to wear to a hen do?

Feeling rubbish this evening and keep thinking about the fact I'm going to my friends hen do on a Saturday! I am not ready! 

What do you wear to a hen do that starts at lunchtime and goes on into the evening/night? Do you go out full on dressed up for a night out?!! **throws all the clothes out the wardrobe**

All the hen dos I've been to before have been weekends away and we've had a hotel to get changed at. This one is close enough that we will be out all day and come home to sleep. 

• wed172Bwed172B Posts: 1,258

What have you got planned?

• Lexi90Lexi90 Posts: 971

We are having afternoon tea and games, then cocktail making, a show and more drinks/dancing! 

• wed172Bwed172B Posts: 1,258

I would go dressed for a night out but something that's still not inappropriate for daytime so maybe jeans and a nice top with heels or a dress but nothing too short / tight that wouldn't be right for afternoon tea and games. Hope that makes sense and is helpful 

• If it was me I would just wear a night out dress and be glammed up all day, it's obvious you are on a hen so people wouldn't bat an eyelid or think you look too over the top. What are the other girls wearing?

• Sara50Sara50 Posts: 196

I would also get glammed up for a night out! I had a local hen with lunch at 1pm and then stayed out all night and we were all dressed for a night out. I usually like to check what others are going to be wearing! 

• I would totally just glam up as everyone else at the hen party will be the same. People will know your on a hen do and then at least you won't feel under dressed at night :) 

• Lexi90Lexi90 Posts: 971

Thanks everyone. I think I will do that. I don't know tonnes of other people going! I know the bride is wearing a sequin gold dress, so I guess I will never feel overdressed compared to her!