Has anyone had second thoughts about their dress....???

I was wondering if anyone has had second thoughts about their dress after they've been measured and paid a deposit and if so what did you do?? I thought I'd found 'the one' last weekend but since I've come back from the boutique I'm picking faults with it and I'm starting to doubt whether it's the one! I love the top half but prefer the bottom half to another dress the designer does and now I'm feeling a bit deflated and confused!!! Any help would be appreciated xx

• Lauren147Lauren147 Posts: 185

From tho countless posts on here about dresses be comforted that you are not the only one to have second thoughts. 

My advice would be to contact the shop. if it has only been a week, they may not have placed the order yet. Speak to them and let them know you definitely want to make sure.

One last bit of advice now you have bought your dress, I'd stop looking at others x

• Irene21Irene21 Posts: 71

I know exactly how you feel. 

I chose my dress at a wedding fair and had tried on loads at different places prior to choosing it. I fell in love with it and as they were offering a discount I made the decision and paid the deposit.

The very next day I started to have doubts and kept looking at pictures of the dress  and lots of others and started picking faults with it as it wasn't what I imagined I'd wear. I called the shop and went the following week and  tried on a few others then my dress and fell in love with it all over again.

I think a lot of brides to be have the same feeling once they make that decision so try not to worry, go and  it on again to put your mind at rest. 

Rene xx

• Victoria197Victoria197 Posts: 720

Twice! But I never put a deposit down. twice I was convinced that I found the absolute one but both time they were out of my budget so left it to think about and discuss with h2b about increasing them. By the next day I was finding faults with them. The neckline, the waist to low, the sleeves etc. I knew then they weren't the one. When I found my dress which was nothing like I thought I wanted I loved everything about it, I didn't even hesitate about the cost 6 months later and now it is mine (final fitting on Saturday) I love it even more.

Contact the store first thing tomorrow and explain what you are thinking. They are unlikely to refund your deposit but may let you choose another dress.

• Rebecca470Rebecca470 Posts: 119

I have paid for mine in full, it is currently in alterations and literally the same day I paid for the rest of the dress, I saw a different dress that I absolutely love! Doubts are an understatement! I can completely relate, it is very stressful as it is so much money. 

• Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm going to see if I can change the thing I don't like about it. It's completely different to what I thought I'd get, which is why I think I I'm having doubts and it's a lot of money so just want to make sure I made the right decision. 

• SpacepuffinSpacepuffin Posts: 664

Depending on the designer, they may be able to create a bespoke gown featuring the top of one dress and the bottom of another (for a fee). It may be worth exploring this option. X

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

I was offered the option if mish mashing bits of dress together, so its definitely worth asking.

Did you try both dresses on, so know that you like the bottom of the other one when its on? Only because they never seem to look the same on a real person vs the model

• AlisonMaryAlisonMary Posts: 210

Yup - completely normal!

We got engaged Christmas day, and are marrying July 15th, THIS year. So I felt I was rushed to pick a dress, and am now constantly seeing others I love, wishing I had had more time. 

Just hoping I still love it as much when I go for my fitting next week. 

But from the posts I have seen on here - it is a totally normal feeling! x

• Laura349Laura349 Posts: 994 New bride

I'm in the same situation. I saw my dress for the first time in 2 years (we've had LOADS of things push back the wedding) And now I'm doubting my choice - it's strapless (I hate my upper arms) and I've asked the shop if I could have lace put in to cover my arms and they've said that the style of dress I've picked can't have that done. So now I'm doubting it all completely. I've got my first alterations fitting in the last week of September! So I won't see the dress until then.

I'm worried if I ask to change the dress I'll not find one in my budget again. I've nearly paid for the dress too. I've only got £10 more to pay on it.

• PinguinPinguin Posts: 141

I havent bought or tried on my dress yet... im having 2 one custom and 1 bought and ive been looking at one for nearly a year now and keep coming back to it, who knows I might hate it afterwards but so far (in the easy non commital stages) I havent changed my mind, I hope liking it for a long time means when I do get it im less like to have regrets (unless it looks nothing like the photos in real life)