Aargh my designer wedding shoes are killing me!!!

Just a rant really, but I wear high heels all day every day and don't ever have a problem. Being vertically challenged at just 5ft I always need the extra height and I wear everything from skyscraper stilettos to wedges.

I originally brought a pair of rainbow club but couldn't stop thinking I wanted something with some more sparkle so I brought myself some Emmy London shoes

So with just over two weeks to go I thought I would start wearing my lovely wedding shoes around the house to make sure there is no pinching or rubbing....well they are my own mini version of hell in the guise of heels and not even that high and after a few minutes it feels like I am walking on glass. A few years ago I sold all of my Jimmy Choos on EBay for the same reason but I couldn't resist the Emmy shoes...they were so pretty...feeling cross with myself for being suckered into the designer bling rather than sticking to the super comfy rainbow club shoes

• mrspea2bemrspea2be Posts: 275 New bride

that is annoying, can you put on big bed socks and wear them in a bit longer, would that help ?. im guessing you cant return them

you cant have painful feet on the day, it will make you miserable , its such a shame x

• VegasLouVegasLou Posts: 820 New bride

Oh no! I've been looking at Emmy shoes, they're so beautiful. Are they too small? I was in an independent upmarket shoe shop recently and the shoes I tried on were too small, she offered to stretch them on a special machine she had, maybe this would be an option? I've read on here before that wearing thick socks to help break them in can help. I hope someone else has some good ideas for you.

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Can you take them back?

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

Oh no ! I know that feeling except mine are the not so comfy rainbow shoes and i really don't want to wear them!!    I cant buy any more but will slip them off as soon as and put my comfy 'Next' sandals on from 3 years ago:)   

• VegasLouVegasLou Posts: 820 New bride
    Katherine66 wrote (see post):

Oh no ! I know that feeling except mine are the not so comfy rainbow shoes and i really don't want to wear them!!    I cant buy any more but will slip them off as soon as and put my comfy 'Next' sandals on from 3 years ago:)   

Oh I always thought rainbow shoes were really comfy! Which style have you got? I've been trying lots of shoes but can't decide, I've got plenty of time though.

• Victoria197Victoria197 Posts: 720

There is no pinching or rubbing so stretching them wont help it's the balls of my feet because the soles are so thin, I will try the gel insoles but then they may be a bit tight across the top.

I could take them back but not before the big day...so disappointed as they were comfy in the shop but it's not until you wear them properly that you get a good idea.

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

This thread has prompted me to wear in my Choos - got them on now with some socks!

• Just a thought ... I spoke to my 'local' cobbler the other day (not in a chain) & he said that my shoes could be stretched all ways (dependant on style) - I'll be getting mine stretched most definitely 😀 it may be worth popping into one near you to ask if they can do the same for your shoes... good luck x

• lubeslubes Posts: 1,555

Victoria, I feel I need to share a little story with you about my perils with my Choos!

They too hurt big time when I first put them on, similar to you in terms of just pressure on the balls of my feet rather than pinching and rubbing! I stuck on some thick socks, wore them to our rehearsal (so in them for about an hour) and it worked a treat - on our wedding day, I didn't feel a thing!

Cue putting them on a few months later for a friend's wedding and I literally couldn't stand in them for more than 10 minutes! Basically, what I'm saying is that wedding day excitement is one of the best painkillers around - I really have no idea how I managed in my Choos for about seven hours on our wedding day, but haven't been able to deal with them in the same way since! Wear them in a few days before your wedding and I think you'll be so distracted on the day, you won't even notice what your feet are telling you! x

• Tanya128Tanya128 Posts: 1,993

I feel your pain, I've been wearing my shoes in since January and its not that they pinch or rub, the big socks put paid to that, it's that they turn up slightly on the toes so after half an hour or so I loose the feeling in my toes! However I am joined in the pain by both my bridesmaids who are wearing their shoes in too but they are in more pain, but I let them choose so they only have themselves to blame! 

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,592 New bride
    Tanya128 wrote (see post):

I feel your pain, I've been wearing my shoes in since January and its not that they pinch or rub, the big socks put paid to that, it's that they turn up slightly on the toes so after half an hour or so I loose the feeling in my toes! However I am joined in the pain by both my bridesmaids who are wearing their shoes in too but they are in more pain, but I let them choose so they only have themselves to blame! 

Irregular choice by any chance? I have no idea why they do that turn up thing, it's so painful!

This thread is making me appreciate my slightly dull but super comfy Rainbow clubs lol. They don't even need wearing in they are so soft and comfy!

• Mrs_WMrs_W Posts: 55

I would try putting the gel party feet in the shoe and the blast each shoe for a minute with a hairdryer focusing on the bit on the inside of the big toe. Then put them on with some thickish socks. Then walk around the house with them whilst they cool. repeat a few times and it should help the shoes fit to your feet a bit better. The reason the balls of your feet might be hurting more than normal is because the toe box isn't quite wide enough.

Another tip I've tried in the past is taping your 3rd and 4th toes together. It does actually help and unless you've got strappy sandals you shouldn't be able to see the tape!

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

Hi vegaslou

ive got katy shoes they are a 2 inch heel peep toe T bar. 

They really hurt all over but mainly my big toes where the peep is. Ive been wearing them but no change yet.  

They are going to hurt to distraction and i will be taking them off asap.  

• Victoria197Victoria197 Posts: 720

Thanks ladies for all of your advice and I will give some of them a go.

Lubes, what a trooper you are but I don't love them enough that I will wear them knowing that they will hurt, as I will be just thinking about how much my feet hurt.

I have had 3 hours of dance lessons in my Elspeth Rainbow club without a twinge and they are my back up if things don't change

• The new Mrs PThe new Mrs P Posts: 560

Stick with them! I agree that you should get the gel soles and then wear them lots to stretch the shoe bigger.

Totally do-able in a couple of weeks, esp as you're used to heels.