What sort of veil???

Hi,

I have my dress, and with 3 months to go I'm starting to think about my veil. My dress shop had some lovely veils but they were hundreds of £££ and I just can't justify that when I will be wearing it for a couple of hours at the most

However, I do not even know where to begin, I would love a longer veil. My dress is very lacy, especially at the bottom so I dont think something with lots of detail would work? But then i dont want a plan one either - going around in circles 

Was anyone else able to decide on a veil from a different place to where they brought the dress?

Also, what style do you think would work with my dress??

It wont let me add pictures at the mo - my dress is Ronald Joyce - Alejandra

Thank you!

• MyrtleMyrtle Posts: 107

First off want to say wow what a beautiful dress! 

Secondly, I had trouble finding a veil as my dress is very detailed. I went back to the shop and tried on my dress again and looked at veils while I was there, I have found some very similar to the ones in the shop for a third of the price on etsy.

Sorry posted too soon. Also, you may want something a bit more plain as getting a lace trim or appliqués to match your dress could be very difficult. Possibly a veil with a few scattered crystals?

• Susan103Susan103 Posts: 52

Thank you replying so quickly! Ahh I do love my dress, but keep having wobbles about it - I'm not going to do anything about them but just hope they all vanish on the day!

I had thought about scattered crystals but the dress is so detailed I was worried the scattered look might be too random but then I admit I overthink every single decision! I had found a barely there veil from Britten but then thought it might be too floaty for the style of my dress!! ARGHHH!

I tried to go back to the shop to try on the dress again but they said my day was months away and they were too busy with summer brides so I'm at the back of the queue which is understandable but annoying

I might have to insist!

• Raksha92Raksha92 Posts: 215 New bride

I used theweddingveil shop.co.uk they have some gorgeous ones on there or you can design your own. And for a fraction of the price in shops. Mine is similar to this and was only £79 for finger length.

Susan103 wrote (see post):

Thank you replying so quickly! Ahh I do love my dress, but keep having wobbles about it - I'm not going to do anything about them but just hope they all vanish on the day!

I had thought about scattered crystals but the dress is so detailed I was worried the scattered look might be too random but then I admit I overthink every single decision! I had found a barely there veil from Britten but then thought it might be too floaty for the style of my dress!! ARGHHH!

I tried to go back to the shop to try on the dress again but they said my day was months away and they were too busy with summer brides so I'm at the back of the queue which is understandable but annoying

I might have to insist!

When is your wedding date? Mine in a few months yet and I just asked if it could have an accessories appointment and try them with my dress. They were very helpful and couldn't do enough for me and that was only last weeK. I suppose it helped that it was on a weekday :s

Im going for this veil https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/191422557/two-tier-fingertip-veil-with-sparkly?ref=cat_gallery_2

to go with this dress https://www.maggiesottero.com/maggie-sottero/greer/9692

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,801 New bride

I bought mine from a shop called Blossom and Bluebird on Etsy and it was totally gorgeous. It wasn't cheap but it was certainly cheaper than the bridal store! I agree you want something fairly plain with your dress as it's very detailed.

Myrtle wrote (see post):
    Susan103 wrote (see post):

I might have to insist!

When is your wedding date? Mine in a few months yet and I just asked if it could have an accessories appointment and try them with my dress. They were very helpful and couldn't do enough for me and that was only last weeK. I suppose it helped that it was on a weekday :s

Im going for this veil https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/191422557/two-tier-fingertip-veil-with-sparkly?ref=cat_gallery_2

to go with this dress https://www.maggiesottero.com/maggie-sottero/greer/9692

Its the 5th October, Im going to ring and try again - I usually have Tuesdays off so Im not asking to take an important Saturday appointment

Your dress is stunning, and I love the veil choice - they look like there perfect together

Sammykate wrote (see post):

I bought mine from a shop called Blossom and Bluebird on Etsy and it was totally gorgeous. It wasn't cheap but it was certainly cheaper than the bridal store! I agree you want something fairly plain with your dress as it's very detailed.

I have just checked these out, and they look stunning - just not sure I can choose one without trying it on with my dress as I'm so indecisive 

Thank you for replying x

• gill17gill17 Posts: 568 New bride

What sort of veil is the model wearing in pics of dress? How are you planning on having ur hair? Theres venue considerations like not going too floaty if ur gonna be outside, or could go cathedral length for church ceremony etc. You can get combs for a quid and fabric for next to nothing, so you could play around with diff layers and lengths. Depends on what volume you want at front. Or pick something up cheap 2nd hand to see if it's the kind of thing you are after? I'm really indecisive too and got 3 (very very cheap) veils before selling on birdcage lol. 

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

My dress is very detailed and i chose a full length veil with petals all over it which matched the dress detail. 

I like lace dress with lace veil .