Donating your wedding dress

I'm getting married for the second time next year and I still have my dress from my first wedding 

I really feel like now is the time to let it go. Has anyone donated their wedding dress and if so, who to?

I don't want money for the dress, I just want it to go to a good cause.

I've held onto it for 7 years but it feels like now is the time to draw a line and let go of the dress. 

Any guidance would be lovely!

• I am doing this too, there is a hospice charity shop near me that caters for wedding dresses, maybe ring round a few places x

• Rach371Rach371 Posts: 1,107 New bride
    lauren318 wrote (see post):

I am doing this too, there is a hospice charity shop near me that caters for wedding dresses, maybe ring round a few places x

Thanks Lauren, that's a great idea x 

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

Try Gift of A Wedding, they arrange weddings for brides and grooms who are terminally ill. They have a Facebook page.

• MrsMGMrsMG Posts: 359

I donated a white wedding dress that I was planning to wear until the last min and wore another one instead. I donated mine to my local Cats Protection charity shop as our wedding had a cat theme to it as we are known as the crazy cat couple. I think they sold it for around £40. I was happy for the money going to a cause that means a lot to me and my hubby and hope the person who bought it gets a great use out of it. I too have a hospice shop near me that caters only for wedding attire so it may be worth checking to see if you have one near you. Any charity shop though will be very grateful to receive something like a wedding dress and will sell quickly.

• There is a charity that creates special outfits for deceased babies (I think it's mainly stillborns but it's definitely stillborns/newborn). So that parents babies can be buried in a special little outfit, rather than just any outfit.