Hoop skirt

My dress is A-line/princess, but I'd say more bigger A-line. Im looking for a hoop skirt for it and was wondering if anyone has any photos of their dress with these hoops underneath so I can get an idea of what effect the hoops give as I'm undecided between one with a hoop and stiff netting and one with just 2 hoops.

imageimage

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

I got married on Saturday and wore an A line gown with a 2 hoop petticoat underneath. 

My skirt had a lot of layers and needed a good hoop to support the weight and shape of the skirt. 

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

I had an underskirt just like the one you posted about with 1 hoop at the bottom and 2 layers of stiffer net over the top. I think it partly depends on how many layers you already have, and what they are made of? My skirt was a silk chiffon so if I didn't have the stiffer net then it would have been visible where the two hoops were under the dress, whereas if it is already a stiffer material such as tulle or organza, then that wouldn't be an issue. Also depends how many layers of material you already have, and your reason for having it. If it is just to keep it off your legs then the single layer one would probably be fine (unless it is a more delicate material like mine) but if it if for extra poof then the extra net might be beneficial.