Fur Stole for Wedding dress - Opinions wanted

So it hit me that October can be a cold month in the Uk and that I might need to order some stoles. 

Well I had a look on etsy for inspiration and really like the faux fur ones. There is something a bit vintage about them that appeals to me. 

I had a heated debate with my mum over whatsapp. A lot of pictures were sent back and forth. She thinks I should go for a white faux fur stole, whilst I quite like the look of a tan / dark brown one. Turns out we have very different tastes when it comes to my wedding.

I haven't made up my mind yet. But I am thinking that I will get my bridesmaid something similar but in a different colour to mine.

Tan?

The Grand Gown Contest | Sadie Wrap + Adelaide Gown from BHLDN 

White?

Image result for wedding dress white fur stole  

Champagne?

Fore reference, this is what my dress looks like. 

Image result for wed2be tegan Image result for wed2be tegan

Maybe the fur stole is too much?

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,486 New bride

personally I like the white, but it is your wedding.  Don't go with one because your Mum likes it.  BTW, I know you are much further North than me, but in London the weather has been warm for the past few years on our wedding date :-) 

• Rach371Rach371 Posts: 1,118 New bride

I dont think you need one, October isn't likely to be icy and I think a stole might detract attention away from your beautiful dress. 

• DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,361 New bride

Britbird I just looked up the temperature in Scotland in October and you're right. Average is 9C. So I should probably be ok without a stole. 

• VegasLouVegasLou Posts: 820 New bride

I love the white but you must go with what you want. Your dress is beautiful. Now I’ve seen it I’m going to go and comment on your shoe thread again! 

• KittyFiennesKittyFiennes Posts: 975 New bride

I absolutely froze at an outdoors party this past October - turns out my fur stole helped but wasn't even enough! (I ended up standing my the bonfire a lot!)  I would totally go for one, and I think any of the above colours would look lovely. You'll find Pinterest pics of brides in all colours.

Something interesting to consider...the price of vintage furs comes awfully close to that of good quality faux fur. I found this out whilst browsing Etsy.  I would never have guessed.   You might want to consider a vintage piece.  You might find something beautiful enough to wear again.

• MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride

I've got a brown one and undecided whether to use it going to take it to my dress fitting and see how it looks all together.  I'll have photos with and without if I do use it x

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

I prefer the white one. your dress is beautiful. 

BTW, I got married in October and it was a relatively warm day. so I'm of the view you won't actually need one.