Two- In- One Wedding Dresses

Ladies! How do we feel about wedding gowns with larger, more dramatic trains, and would you ever purchase one?

• MrsTraceyMrsTracey Posts: 835 New bride

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here... my dress has a train but I plan to bustle it in the evening. Is that what you mean by 2 in 1? 

I do love a dramatic train though, and veil! 

• Lydia42Lydia42 Posts: 7

Not exactly; I'm referring to styles which feature a completely detachable train. Ines di Santo's Barcelona gown springs to mind in particular. 

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,252 New bride

I was looking at an Eddy K one online, I never ended up trying it on though. I think they are a great idea if you want something more traditional for the ceremony then something more slinky for the reception. 

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.

My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,446 New bride

There is a lady on here with a planning thread whose dress has a detachable train, think it might be David Tutera?

Wed2Be sell detachable overskirts so I assume they are a thing - I believe some ladies wear the overskirt for the ceremony then the slinkier gown for the reception.

I'm too big for slinky gowns anyhow so they aren't for me!

• N111N111 Posts: 10

I have opted for one...

Personally I think it's pretty useful, as nice to have the drama of the big dress and then have something more manageable for the party.

I have bought this one from Pronovias

https://www.pronovias.com/wedding-dress-princess-mermaid-tattoo-dranoe-61157

• MrsTraceyMrsTracey Posts: 835 New bride
    Lydia42 wrote (see post):

Not exactly; I'm referring to styles which feature a completely detachable train. Ines di Santo's Barcelona gown springs to mind in particular. 

Ah ok! I think they’re a nice idea. Personally, I wouldn’t pick one as I wouldnt want to detach it, but I don’t see why not if that’s your style, and you want a change in the evening! 

• I tried on a Tara Keeley one with a detachable train.  I loved it but it wasn't suitable for my beach wedding.

• You have shared a nice post!

• SarahN83SarahN83 Posts: 16

N111 your dress is stunning!

I think this is a great idea - I personally am to lazy to even have a train for any of the day, so got a ballet length dress! Loving that I can go to the toilet unassisted! 

• MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride

I agree N111 your dress is truly beautiful, I think they are a good idea, the drama of the bigger dress for the ceremony then a slinkier number for the evening. So 2 looks, and also a lot of ladies like the idea of a bigger dress but are put off by the thought of wearing it all day.

• How about one like Sophie, Countess of Wessex? It had a medieval style tulle overlay, but you could tell that there was a strappy, slimmer dress underneath. I expect she only wore the outer bit for the ceremony and wore the strappy dress to the reception.