Help! Where can i find a uk online shop that does petite dresses?!

Hi! First time poster so please be gentle ;) i am due to get married next May and we are on quite a tight budget. I'm after something i can buy from a uk shop ie debenhams etc but im really struggling to find any petite sections. Im 4ft 11, so my question is do you think i should buy online, try it and get it altered or keep scouring for petite ones? Its driving me mad :(( i want something quite simple, maybe with a bit of lace. Dont think im asking too much haha. Helppppp 

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,619 New bride

I have browsed high street wedding dresses extensively and not once seen a Petite section. At 4ft 11 your best bet if you want to avoid alterations would be to buy a tea length or ballerina length dress.

I bought a tea length Monsoon dress and it comes up ballerina length on me (I'm 5ft 2") so would be long on you.

To be honest all the high street dresses I tried would have need alterations in other areas anyway. If you will need your dress shortening it will be much cheaper if the skirt hem is plain tulle or satin than lace. My dress is lace and all the lace applique has to be taken off before the dress can be shortened and then sewn back on again which is costing quite a bit more.

Some good online wedding dress shops are Debenhams, Kaleiodoscope, Monsoon, Alie Street, Next, John Lewis, Dorothy Perkins, ASOS. Also try Chi Chi, Little Mistress, Quiz and Joanie Clothing.

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

Lipsy do a petite bridal range. Next sell them online and I guess the Lipsy website would too. The dresses are around the £100 price range.

• stacey147stacey147 Posts: 108 New bride

I get petite dresses from next and dorothy perkins and they seem about right

• Steph87Steph87 Posts: 2

Thank you all so much for your replies, i will check those shops out. Theres just so many to choose from its mind boggling!