I think I picked the wrong dress

So I went shopping yesterday and I picked a dress completely to different to what i had in mind. I loved it on and it felt right but ever since I left I keep think it's the wrong one.....imageimage

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

I think it’s beautiful on you! Really flattering. What do you not like? Everyone says if you’re not sure, keep looking as you’ll not doubt “the one”, but perhaps narrow down the things you do and don’t like and try on some others with those features to see if there is something else out there that ticks all the boxes. Just try to focus on what you love and how you feel and not on what you *thought* you’d love and how you would look as a bride as I know so many people who loved and looked amazing in dresses they would never have imagined choosing. 

• Robert345Robert345 Posts: 3
    Ashley72 wrote (see post):

I think it’s beautiful on you! Really flattering. What do you not like? Everyone says if you’re not sure, keep looking as you’ll not doubt “the one”, but perhaps narrow down the things you do and don’t like and try on some others with those features to see if there is something else out there that ticks all the boxes. Just try to focus on what you love and how you feel and not on what you *thought* you’d love and would look as a bride.

Sorry not sure how to reply tidy. Iv never posted here. Lol. I just wanted more fitted on the bum area and lace but then they didn't look right.....i loved the look this gave when she tightened it, it just feels dated, it's driving me mad. Xx

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

Well the shape is gorgeous on you and your upper frame really suits the neckline and no straps (jealous - I am too heavy with ham arms at the mo so think they’ll be a no go for me!). Perhaps you could look for this shape but with more lace and see if that does it? Or are there any alterations or additions to this one that you think would make it perfect? If you’re really unsure then I’d say keep looking, maybe trying on more of what you thought you wanted will either find a new dress or make you more sure of this one!

• Robert345Robert345 Posts: 3

Yes maybe I'll just try on a few more and see how i feel. The wedding isn't until may so there is still time. 

When is your wedding? Xx

• Becky111Becky111 Posts: 218 New bride

I think it looks lovely on you. That shape is definitely doing your lovely figure justice.

But I do agree with you! Something about it wasn't completely grabbing me and I couldn't put my finger on it. Then once you said it looks a bit dated that is completely it! It's still a beautiful classic dress but if you are feeling like this you should definy keep looking! X

• I love it! You should probably know that not everyone finds 'The One' that screams at them to be bought, I have known people that, although they liked their dress, they were never dumbstruck about it. You could try more on, but I wouldn't worry if you don't find 'The One.'

As to dated, no, no. Thing is, at one time, nearly everybody had strapless. I did for my small church blessing, but mine was very plain compared to yours. The good thing about now, is that anything goes, and strapless is not so common now. So I think it is classic a la Grace Kelly and not dated at all.

• KittyFiennesKittyFiennes Posts: 975 New bride

The fit is very flattering, for certain. But the word "dated" came to mind before you even said it. It reminds me of the Alfred Angelo dresses from when I was married the first time, nearly 20 years ago.  Yes, the shape is classic. But the ruched top is very 90s as is the chiffon overlay. 

If you have wobbles already, that's not likely going to get better. The more magazines, Pinterest, and fayres you go to, the worse it's going to get.  I would keep looking, you have plenty of time.

• Sorry, I don't agree. Everything comes around again. 

• LizzieBHLizzieBH Posts: 196

Sometimes wobbles are just wobbles! Only you can judge how serious they are, but just to share my experience – I never had the "The One" feeling, and I had wobbles, and they do get worse the more you continue to look at other dresses. But buying another dress would have meant taking a huge financial hit, so I decided to stick with it, and over time I grew to really love it. I can't now imagine getting married in anything else.

For what it's worth, I think you look gorgeous in that dress.

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

I agree that it's a bit dated. But if you love it then that shouldn't really matter, but obviously you don't if you're having wobbles.

Keep shopping round; I'm sure you'll find something you like more. 

• MrsS2019MrsS2019 Posts: 137 New bride

I thought it looked a bit dated before I read what you had put. But if it is what you like then go for it, you are appearing to doubt the dress though so id look around a bit more. I never doubted my dress and I’ve been looking at other dresses since ordering mine and I just keep thinking it’s not as nice as my dress or I like this aspect but it’s missing this whereas once alterations on my dress are done it will be perfect. So if I were you i’d keep looking