Wedding shoes - Opinions wanted! 😊

I decided early on in my planning that I didn’t want to to have ‘typical‘ bridal shoes. I‘m getting married in November and in autumn/winter I live in heeled boots so that’s what I wanted for my wedding day too.

I found some that I loved except for the heel, which put me off a little. I bought them with the plan to embelish the heel and I’ve just finished the first boot.

I thought it looked great but I’ve had mixed responses from the few people I’ve been happy to show, which has put a bit of doubt in my mind. The people I’ve shown would have preferrerd me to wear more ‘traditional’ bridal shoes like satin court heels, so I’m not sure if it’s that they don't like the style or that the boots actually look rubbish and massively DIY (in a bad way)? Help!

Before

After

• Zara29Zara29 Posts: 105

Wear whatever you're happy in! Personally they're not to my taste BUT you've done a great job and the beading looks really neat.

I'm not into traditional wedding shoes either, I've gone for some nude/gold t-bar heels so that I can wear them again another time.

• KelllieKelllie Posts: 77 New bride

I love them, they look awesome. For winter it defo is a better option than traditional shoes. For me i never wore traditional shoes I just wore a pair of cream wedges i've had for years. 

• They look fierce!! I think you've done a great job with the DIY, and if youre happy with them, own it! 
    I imagine anyones reservations are purely because they arent a satin kitten heel, so you were never going to please them by having what you actually wanted anyway! I think theyre spot on!

• Zara, thanks for your honesty and Kellie and CoffeeDogAddict thanks for the kind words! Feeling much calmer about my decision now! 

• Victoria197Victoria197 Posts: 720

Hi, if you love them then wear them. On the day no one is going to say great dress shame about the shoes because if you are wearing a floor length dress, no one will see them and if they do it will just be a flash.  

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,064 New bride

They're great - and  I'm massively impressed that you can walk in heels that high!

I can't imagine why anyone would be that interested in what you have on your feet tbh.

I'm wearing sparkly gold kitten heels in the day then will be treating myself to a new pair of sandals for the evening onwards - probably gold Birkenstocks as I live in them in the summer!

• QueenDQueenD Posts: 325 New bride

You've done an amazing DIY job, they look sexy! and yes agree that if you are comfortable in them and want to wear, you definitely should! It's YOUR big day 

• LizzieBHLizzieBH Posts: 196

Wow - I think it looks amazing! I'd never have guessed you did that yourself. Majorly jealous btw that you can walk in those heels. :)

• Kitty12Kitty12 Posts: 119 New bride

I really love these! I’m a little jealous, I want a pair!

• SarahN83SarahN83 Posts: 16

Love them! The Beading looks like it was always there - massively well done on that; you must have a very steady hand.

Wear them proudly and show them off! People have very fixed ideas on what a bride should look like- to me you should be your best you - entirely you - it is you your hubby to be fell for - not a magazine bride!

• MrsW-22MrsW-22 Posts: 354 New bride

I think they look better than the before photo!! Definitely wear them they are amazing!

• MrsPBtobeMrsPBtobe Posts: 311 New bride

Wow those look great!

I‘ve had a few people pull a face when I’ve shown them the Kate Spade trainers I’ve bought to wear but when they arrived and I tried them on I knew I’d made the right decision. Do what makes you happy.

• RB2SRB2S Posts: 45 New bride

I think these are ace!!

I’m going to be wearing flats as I’m the same height as the groom, but if I was shorter and getting married in Autumn/Winter I’d definitely go for something like this! Love them 

• very funky!! Love it x

• Emma898Emma898 Posts: 4

You got beautiful shoes.

• Samantha265Samantha265 Posts: 252 New bride

I think they are very beautiful and very professionally done, wear them with pride and forget what others think! It's your day, so choose what you want!

• I wasn’t expecting so much positivity! Thabks all!

** Slight consession though... The angle that I took the photo in is definitely the best side! 🙊 I’m not sure the other side looks quite as good 😂

• NovBride18NovBride18 Posts: 73 New bride

These are amazingly done! Your version looks better than the original and they defo dont look DIY. I'm really really not a fan of traditional/satin wedding kitten heels either, and if this is the kind of shoe you normally wear then its a lovely touch, people would probably be more surprised if you wore a satin kitten heel! Plus you'll be able to wear them again and I think you'll get some fab photos of these with your dress too, as they are a little different to the norm.

• Sian91Sian91 Posts: 829 New bride

They’re not my style (I used to live in Jeffrey Campbell’s and think I’ve done my wearing haha).

But the finish is fab and you definitely do you- if you love them who gives a rats arse what anyone else thinks! 

• Too high for me, but I love them. If your groom is tall (or you are short) I say go for it! Great creativity. My groom is 5 feet 5 and I am only 1 inch shorter, so a 1 1/4 kitten heel for me. Tbh I don't mind as I never wear 'high' heels anyway, in fact mostly Skechers since I broke my foot.

• Mrs Squirrel Manning wrote (see post):

Too high for me, but I love them. If your groom is tall (or you are short) I say go for it! 

I‘m not even 5’3” 🙈 am and used to wearing 6” stilettos next to the groom so there should be no issues there! 

There‘s just the issue of wearing them in now so they are comfy on the day, but in this heat I’d end up with swamp feet after a couple of mins 🤢