Favourite royal wedding gown

Just wondered whose you liked the most?

Most people probably won't have heard of her, but Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg had the most glorious dress, lacy and fitted A line with three-quarter sleeves and a belt.

I liked Princess Charlene of Monaco's gown. Very different, and by Armani I think. Princess Diana's was definitely something you would only see in the 80s, but was out of this world. And the Queen, when she was Princess Elizabeth, had a very classic dress.

I have seen some royal wedding dresses in person. The Duchess of Cambridge's was on display at Buckingham Palace when my mum and I visited (as I suspect the Duchess of Sussex's will be this summer opening). And at the V&A's wedding dress exhibition, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, had loaned hers. It was a great exhibition, as the V&A's fashion ones always are. They also had the gowns of Gwen Steffani and Kate Moss.

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,135 New bride

Princess Grace of Monaco’s always sticks in my head as a beautiful and really classic dress, although she could have worn a bin bag and still been beautiful. I loved both the current Duchesses dresses - Kate‘s was magnificent and so fit for marrying the future King. Meagan’s was so understated and classy, she looked a natural beauty and very chic I thought. I thought it could have been fitted a tiny bit better but overall was stunning. Her veil was to die for. 

• SpacepuffinSpacepuffin Posts: 664

I love Grace Kelly, she’s an idol of mine. However, it’s her daughter, Caroline of Monaco’s dress at her second wedding to Stefan Casiraghi that sticks out for me.

• Diana's was the most iconic - I am copying her bouquet it's that fabulous. Cried my eyes out watching Meghan's - and still do x

• sophie345sophie345 Posts: 8

Interesting post!

• Barbie3Barbie3 Posts: 340

I was a 70s/80s kid and I HATED Diana's dress - I thought it looked to big, dirty n to fussy.  I always thought Fergie's was much nicer.

Historically I  like the simplicity n elegance of Grace Kelly n Princess Margaret's gowns.  I wanted to love Meghan's but the fit just seemed a bit off n I liked Kate's better

• I prefered Meghan's evening party dress, very elegant.