Did I find the one?

imageimage

I went out yesterday to try on dresses for the first time as my mum and sister were visiting me and we don’t have a lot of time together to go and try on dresses. I went in wanting a ball gown type but after trying a few on I wasn’t sure they suited me well and decided to try this fitted dress on, my mum and sister ended up loving it and i was really happy with and and decided to buy it as I was worried I wouldn’t be able to find one like that again. I’m not sure if I’m regretting my decision now though as I keep looking back on the ball gown dress and I love how full it is and I know I’ll never be able to wear one like it again. I’m quite short at 5’1 and feel that maybe one so big Isn’t a good idea for me. I’m really not sure what to do I’m so undecided. What do you think suits me better?

• AwhelenqtAwhelenqt Posts: 810 New bride

For me personally, it's absolutely the ball gown purely from an aesthetics point of view, but it's all about how you feel and if it's "you"! It's also difficult to get a scope of height from photos x

• nicki126nicki126 Posts: 248

You truly do look stunning in both - however I do love the ballgown on you!

• I know you’ve already bought the fitted one, but honestly, the ball gown looks so much nicer in my opinion!

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride

I love the ballgown as well though the fitted it also lovely. I'm 5ft and have bought a big a-line. The idea short means you can't wear big dresses is crap, it's about the proportions, where the waist is etc I have worn big dresses many times for events, just make sure it's altered properly :)

• MrsB2020MrsB2020 Posts: 44 New bride

I personally love the fitted dress on you, I think it shows off your figure beautifully and the lace is gorgeous!

• MrsS2019MrsS2019 Posts: 137 New bride

I love both on you, the fitted one shows off your figure but I love the ball gown one as well as I’ve always preferred a line/princess dress

• Leonie-2Leonie-2 Posts: 4

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your replies and opinions I really appreciate it! I think I will take the dress back since the more I keep looking at it the less I like it, even though it is a lovely dress I don’t think I’ll be comfortable in it and I know it can’t be the one if I’m doubting it this much x

• Zara29Zara29 Posts: 105

Such a shame, I think the fitted one is beeeeeautiful.

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,456 New bride

They both look nice but the ballgown is stunning.

If it wasn't white the other dress could just be an ordinary evening dress to be honest.

• MrsR17MrsR17 Posts: 95 New bride

The ballgown is stunning! I had a ballgown but thought all the layers where just a bit too much so had a layer or two (can't remember) taken out to make it not so poofy if you get me and it made it that bit lighter too. Always an idea?

• MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride

Both look lovely, but I think the more fitted one really shows off your figure beautifully, if you don't love the dress and can get a refund, I would take it back and wait until you find something you really love.