Pronovias Dresses - Sizing q!

With my wedding next May and after a successful few months of weight loss I've finally persuaded myself to go look at some dresses ... eek!!

I have a local boutique near me which has a very good sample sale and I've found a beautiful pronovias dress ("Tesira") which seems perfect (but I obviously need to try it on first)

I'm curious - any brides who have bought a dress from this brand? Do they come up true to size? Im currently a 12 but hoping to drop a dress size by the wedding.

Thanks! :)

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride

I have a pronovias dress in a size 12, which is exactly what I am on the high street at the moment. Compared to a lot of other designers I found them to be truest to size.

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • Kitty12Kitty12 Posts: 119 New bride

I had a Pronovias dress, I had to get one size up and have it taken in, but that was mainly because my bust is disproportionately big. The waist and hips and arms all fit in my normal size.

• Natutz14Natutz14 Posts: 55 New bride

perfect! thanks guys... I'm so scared and excited to try dresses. I've felt so body conscious for the last year but everyone is saying how well I'm looking. I just need to feel that in myself.

• Kitty12Kitty12 Posts: 119 New bride

I was nervous too, but the lady in the bridal shop was amazing. She was able to tell exactly which styles would suit my shape. I insisted on trying on one which she said wouldn't work on my body type, and she was absolutely right, it was the only dress I didn’t feel great in.

My advice would be to keep an open mind and don’t be afraid to try styles you wouldn’t have considered. I ended up getting the polar opposite of what I’d imagined! 

• Lara24Lara24 Posts: 4 New bride

I have just recently ordered the Pronovias Estima dress, I'm generally a size 10 apart from the odd pair of trousers which I need a 12. I've ordered the dress in a 10 and it fit really well, it's one of their more fitted ones so I'd say their sizing is pretty representative. 

I hope you have a lovely time dress shopping :)