ā€ŗ

Wedding dress..... & spanx?

Hello,

Let me start by saying I wear body shapers/slips almost every day and feel like I’m naked if I ever wear a dress without them - sad I know šŸ˜‚.

My wedding dress isn‘t the most structured and I’m worried about cellulite on my bum showing through. I have a really low back on my wedding dress and i was wondering if a seamstress would be able to sew in a slip underneath my dress if she cut the back of the slip out? Does anyone have any experience with something like this? Pic of the back of my dress below!

Thanks!

• Mila-rose3Mila-rose3 Posts: 264 New bride

Woohoo I never thought of this and definitely following 

X

Sorry that's no help x

• MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride

Seamstresses can work wonders, I would contact a few and ask.

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,135 New bride

Gorgeous dress. I'd ask a few seamstresses for their opinion. If they cant, maybe they could add some extra lining somehow.

• Thanks you - I guess I'll just have to wait and ask next month at my first fitting :)... Fingers crossed!

• Julia101Julia101 Posts: 162 New bride

I had a similar style dress and wore m&s flesh coloured support shorts underneath and they worked really well, my dress did have two linings though so was quite supportive although it didn't look it. I was worried about the outline of my belly button showing through the front so I popped a nipple cover over and with the shorts you definitely couldn't see anything (the lengths we go to! šŸ˜‚)  I would consider this and having a slip sewn in to be sure. The dress is beautiful btw x 

• Julia101 wrote (see post):

I had a similar style dress and wore m&s flesh coloured support shorts underneath and they worked really well, my dress did have two linings though so was quite supportive although it didn't look it. I was worried about the outline of my belly button showing through the front so I popped a nipple cover over and with the shorts you definitely couldn't see anything (the lengths we go to! šŸ˜‚)  I would consider this and having a slip sewn in to be sure. The dress is beautiful btw

Ahh amazing idea re the nipple cover!! I hadn't even thought of that lol. Thanks so much :)