Belt/Sash for this dress - looking for opinions!

Hi,

Really just hoping for some views on this - I'm a bit stuck! Mine is a high street dress, which I love. I went a size up from my usual size due to the type of fabric and the embellishments and it fits well across the hips and bust. It is styled to be a little less form fitting anyway. However I have lost weight, and around my waist it is starting to be quite noticeable.

The dress has a slight blouson style to the top, with some elastic inside to gather it. I am wondering if I could get away with a belt or sash to define my waist a bit more and minimise any gape at the waist. I am thinking even plain wide ribbon might just bring it together a bit more - any thoughts or experiences with similar issues welcome. The dress is fully beaded so I am really not sure if alterations are possible.

• Could you get the dress altered? I've just paid for alterations for my bridesmaids and its not all that expensive. 

• Ozzy2bOzzy2b Posts: 143
    August2018Bride wrote (see post):

Could you get the dress altered? I've just paid for alterations for my bridesmaids and its not all that expensive. 

It‘s totally covered with beading which is my worry with alterations - I’ve never had anything altered/tailored so don’t know what’s possible or what I could expect to pay. 

• Zara29Zara29 Posts: 105

You'll be able to get it altered, it'll just cost a little more than if it was a plain dress.

• I would get it altered. Tying a ribbon or a belt over the gathering is going to prove very awkward.

Thanks all. Going to try and find someone I can consult for an alteration first to see what might be needed. Fingers crossed it won’t be too much work needed! 

• RB2SRB2S Posts: 45 New bride

Im not going to be of any help here, I just wanted to say that the dress is lovely!! Where’s it from? :)

RB2S wrote (see post):

Im not going to be of any help here, I just wanted to say that the dress is lovely!! Where’s it from? :)

Thank you It's from Debenhams Debut range, and was a massive bargain to boot!