Wedding dress freak out!!! CAN'T SIT DOWN

Hello 

I am new to this site but I thought if anyone out there has had the boning removed from their wedding dress, was it ok after?

To cut a long story short, I have my dress at my mums house. Won't be starting the alterations until next year as far too early. I tried on my dress  the other day. I sat down in it and basically.... I CAN'T.I am really worried that on the day I will be so uncomfortable not able to eat my meal and sit for 2 hours . not what I want!!. Also how will I sit in the car for 30 mins on the journey. Who actually sits down at the consult appointments and takes this into consideration! its constantly on my mind and is stressing me out. not what you need. I've got 8 months to go so loads of time to get things adjusted. My dress is a fit and flare Sophia Tolli gown (y11887) it has a crystal illusion neckine with a mesh back and low back. the bust needs alterations and all floppy and when I sit down the cups ride up to my chin. but is it possible to have the bones removed or maybe just have the bones in the cup area( so you don't end up with a Madonna look) I was measured to a stock size 12, the bottom is quite snug and the top is too big, Pear shaped body so this is normal. anyone have the same worry as me. Or am I panicking and it will get sorted at the fitting appointments. Very worried  

• I wouldn't worry until your fittings. Mine was a fit and flare too and the first time I tried the dress and not the sample on I couldn't sit down either, but the seamstress at the shop took it out a bit on the hips and it ended up being perfect. Also, the sample can feel really different to the actual dress, mine certainly did so don't worry, yours will be fitted to you. I would invest in a great seamstress, don't go for a cheap option if you can avoid it. I also wouldn't have the boning removed if its meant to have it, or you might compromise on the shape and structure. 

• Thank you Mrs Tracey . Yes you are right . The sample felt so different. that’s made me feel better . I’ve paid for unlimited alterations package  at the bridal salon  so hopefully all will be ok . 

• Kay55 wrote (see post):

Thank you Mrs Tracey . Yes you are right . The sample felt so different. that’s made me feel better . I’ve paid for unlimited alterations package  at the bridal salon  so hopefully all will be ok . 

No worries, ah that's good. My seamstress was so amazing and didn't let me leave until it was exactly as I wanted it. Im sure yours will be the same x