How to attach a veil to comb

I'm thinking of wearing my MIL's veil for the ceremony but she's just advised me that the comb is not attached to the veil itself.

Does anybody know how to go about this? It's a plastic comb and the veil looks like it's tulle but I haven't seen it in person yet.

Many thanks :)

• ive heard the best way is to put a running stitch along the top of the veil tulle, and then pull it so it gathers, and then knot off and stitch to the comb itself, so you are going between the teeth and over the top of the comb. 

• It's really easy and shouldn't take too long, as especially if you use a machine to do the running top stitch as CoffeeDogAddict described.

If you need some visuals, there's loads of tutorials on Pinterest - this helped me when I made my sisters veil for her wedding.  

If you're not wearing anything else in your hair, you could always attached it to a more decorative hair comb, I used one from Claire's Accessories, they've got a great selection there.

• If you are having a hairdresser on the day I'd talk to them.  I've been at weddings where with certain hair styles they would have preferred the veil attached in a different way.  They might be able to recommend the best method for your hairstyle.

• kathrynhopkinsphotography wrote (see post):

If you are having a hairdresser on the day I'd talk to them.  I've been at weddings where with certain hair styles they would have preferred the veil attached in a different way.  They might be able to recommend the best method for your hairstyle.

I completely agree. Your stylist might secure it with the grips and pins and for some styles it is even easier rather than having it attached to a comb.