Painted Leather Jacket

Hi everyone,

just wanted to get people’s opinion regarding hand painted leather jackets. I have been looking at them for a while and finally emailed someone who can create them. I have only paid a deposit so far, but now I’m in two minds as to whether to have it done. I want to be able to wear it after the wedding, as the jacket is one that I wear a lot at the moment, but don’t know if having something written on the back of it would ruin it or whether it will look ok, please see the photo for a mock up of the jacket image

• Hey,  I trained in fashion so hope to be able to offer some help. 

Painted jackets are a real statement piece and hard to come by so you will ultimately end up with something quite unique and special in your wardrobe after your wedding. 

I would say you are correct about adding wording, that the words you use may reduce the wear-ability of the jacket, although only you know if it will or not.  Perhaps if you are asking the question here you have already answered that question?  Just wondered if there was any wording that was more generic or a statement which is unique to you as a couple.  Or you could even just keep to a floral design which never really dates?

If you do go ahead there is no doubt it will become a treasured item that you will want to hand down.

• I think the design is fab and personally, it wouldn't stop me from wearing it time and time again!

• Thanks girls,

i’ve had a think about it and tried the jacket on with a couple of outfits, trying to imagine the writing on the back (always and forever is the wording I would want as we say to each other a lot - cheesey I know!) and I am going to go ahead with it, as it will be an amazing looking statement piece - thank you Kathrynhopkinsphotography - that will remind me of the amazing day we had 

thanks again girls! 😊

• 2020 Feb wrote (see post):

Thanks girls,

i’ve had a think about it and tried the jacket on with a couple of outfits, trying to imagine the writing on the back (always and forever is the wording I would want as we say to each other a lot - cheesey I know!) and I am going to go ahead with it, as it will be an amazing looking statement piece - thank you Kathrynhopkinsphotography - that will remind me of the amazing day we had 

thanks again girls! 😊

So glad you've decided to go for it!

• Oh gosh not cheesy at all!  I loved the wording and if its something that you say to each other often will only make it more special.

Would love to see photos from your wedding with you wearing the jacket.

Have a wonderful day.

• I thought exactly the same thing- I can’t rewear my lovely jacket if it says ’bride‘ or something. So I’ve just gone for a floral design on the back and sleeves :) will still make a statement at my wedding but is wearable in normal life too!