Alterations wobble

Hi all

I went for my first dress fitting a week or so ago, I have to go again on Wednesday.

When I bought the dress (in a sample sale, god loves a bargain) it was quite snug. At the fitting I was a lot snug and will have to be taken out - they reckoned by 2.5 inches. It also needs shortened a bit, which I am not concerned about.

However, I am worried that they won't be able to take it out by a full 2.5 inches...they assured me that it was doable but am panicking in case it isn't and it's now just irredeemably too small for me. I LOVE the dress and with only 18 days to the wedding there is no time to order anything else. 

Has anyone else had a dress taken out by that much, or does anyone know if it is doable?? 

Thanks!

• Dresses can usually be let out by around a size, so 2.5 inches seems do-able to me. If your seamstress is confident I would trust them. They're not likely to tell you with such short notice that they can do something that isn't possible!

• It all depends on the dress itself, if they're saying it's doable, then I would trust them.  Maybe give them a call today and just explain you're worrying about it and would prefer to know now if there are any problems taking it out, rather than waiting until Wednesday.  

If it can't, it's not the be all and end all, it will be a bit rushed and stressful, but I'm sure you'll be able to find an alternative in time and that you love.  Also, there's always the dreaded crash diet, you've got over two weeks to go, with a basic slimming world diet you could potentially lose 2-3 lbs a week and 8lbs is usually the equivalent to a dress size.  Good luck, I've got my fingers crossed for you.

• Candice9Candice9 Posts: 230

Thanks ladies, I am just being a wally. They assured me it was doable, we will see on Wednesday!

I should also probably stop eating so much crap!!